z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Sweet sweet cravings! | MaeveMadden

Sweet sweet cravings!

• Hi queens! Just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks on sweet cravings? I'm trying to cut down on my sugar consumption (purely because it was out of hand and I work in a dentists I should know better 🤣) but I'm finding the evenings really hard so far! 

Not cutting it out altogether but definitely need a better balance any suggestions very welcome 🤗🤗

• @Leonie Mcnulty haha I'm struggling at the Mo too especially after Christmas I haven't stopped🙈 caramel rice cakes or choccy ones are yummy and low cal I often get those and they fix my sweet craving! Xx

• Same! 😫 and now the shops have Easter treats in already that's not helping. I bought and ate a mini egg bar yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 Rice cakes are good, apple slices with peanut butter too and ive heard the 10cal jelly pots are goo but not yet tried those. Hope this helps 😊

• Thank you both! I am going to try the jelly today that's a great shout! 

I tried snacking on almonds last night can confirm that did not take the craving away 😂😂

• I find fat free natural yogurt with any flavour drops in it , then fruit on top or crush up a meringue and it's fab and super filling and great source of protein but with that sweet fix !! You can also freeze aswell and it's lkke icecream 

• @Steph Murphy that sounds fab thank you! 🤗

• @Leonie Mcnulty I tried the almonds also & I agree 100% with u. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @Leonie Mcnulty any time I get a craving for sweet snacks now I eat an apple & drink water. This distracts me totally & I actually forget about my cravings. In the Christmas Challenge I gave up sugar & I did very well without it, that is until Xmas & was back on it again but felt rotten so back off the sugary snacks again. Good luck 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Leonie Mcnulty It's so hard isn't it, I have such a sweet tooth!! Totally agree with @Steph Murphy about the greek yoghurt and some fruit (frozen cherries are my fave at the moment). I also like the mini bars of dark chocolate from Aldi (Mon Rother I think they might be called) but they're just enough to feel like you're having a treat and if it's dark choc it's got to be healthier hey?!?!

• frozen grapes!

• A trick a girl at work told me was to rinse grapes under water so they're a bit wet, pop them in a Ziploc bag, sprinkle in some jelly powder mix and put it in the freezer. It's like you're have fruit pastilles. A few of them will really kick a craving 

• @Kate Monaghan oh I am definitely gonna try this!!! If I'm keeping busy in the eve I'm fine but yesterday was my rest day and I went to town on the chocolate last night 🤦🏿‍♂️🤣 

• @Kate Monaghan 😱😱😱😱😱 wow I need to try this!!! 

• Wow, lots of great ideas here. I've been terrible with eating biscuits, cake, muffins and cupcakes. But I have been trying to cut down and not being so hard on myself. 

Raisins and sultanas are something worth trying. High in natural sugars but better than all the junk treats so that is a start in the right direction for me. 

• @Leonie Mcnulty hello! I'm also trying to cut down sugar and what I find really helpful is to have a cup of hot fruity infusion - which is also very nice with the cold weather 😀

• @Laura Case I'm going to try this! I have failed at cutting down so far it kind of worked for a week and has been bad now since 😂this sounds good! X 

• Ladies just came across these in lidl and they are something else!! The sweets and treats were out of control but having this and stewed apple in the eves is saving me 🤗🤗 they have a chocolate version too which is also very yummy if anyone else needs the sweet hit 😎

• @Leonie Mcnulty  Hey, i just saw this post because i am having some sugar cravings myself and in need of new ideas. 

My favourite one, is to buy dates, cut them half open, take out seed, fill with peanut butter and then dip in dark choc (as it has less sugar). then i sprinkle some dried cocnut flakes on them. 

These are great to keep in fridge for the times when you open it thinking something nice will magically be in there 😅

I do remind myself that when i did indulge in a packet of cookies, they tasted so sickly sweet, I find after reducing sugar intake, I am now really sensing when theres too much of it in a treat and really its not worth eating it if I am not going to enjoy it. 

Anyone got a good low sugar recipie for cake - I know I am asking for a lot 😆

• @Leonie Mcnulty I make a fruit yoghurt bark every week and that's my sweet treat in the evenings- it definitely hits the spot for a sweet treat! Just yoghurt, honey, your fav nuts and berries chopped and mixed together and frozen! 

• @Amy Shelly oh I must get on this sounds yummy!!!  I get through the day fine but I just love something sweet after my dinner but then sometimes or alot of times it turns into a few sweet treats that's my real downfall once I start it's hard to stop😂 .. u won't catch me with any baking recipes I am hopeless, thank God or I'd never stop 😂😂

• 1 / 2