z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Breakfast Alternatives 🥣 | MaeveMadden

Breakfast Alternatives 🥣

• @Jenny Wilson ohh love this question will defo rob some ideas 🥰 I mostly stick to porridge just because it's easy and you can change the toppings, honey one day, some jam & nuts another day etc😊

Another handy one is omelettes, you can batch cook them and change the toppings so you don't get bored (ham, mushroom, onion) (spinach, chorizo, chicken) and they are very filling! 😊

If you've the time oat pancakes are lovely and taste just like normal ones 😊 I usually make them with eggs, porridge oats, tiny bit of baking powder, sweetener and oat milk 😊 there's prob loads of recipes for these ive seen people use cinnamon and flavoured protein powder too 😊 they are a nice tasty treat and low enough in cals 😊

Cant think of anything else right now but I'm sure others will have loads of ideas 😊😋

• My go to breakfast is a spinach smoothie! A lot of the times it will fill me up until lunch, and of course it's easy on the go. 
    I do half a frozen banana, 3 strawberries, a splash of almond milk, 2 big spoonfuls of chobani less-sugar yogurt (vanilla and cinnamon flavor; it's the best), a BIG handful of spinach, and to fill me up either 2 tablespoons of chia seeds or 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds. But I like the flax seeds better cause it adds a nutty flavor. 

I'm also a huge fan of overnight oats, especially a blueberry/vanilla combo. 

One more of my go to breakfasts are mug cakes! 
    ~ 1 banana warmed in the microwave and mashed
    ~ 1-2 eggs or egg whites
    ~ 1/2 cup of oats (use as is or blend them for a different texture)
    ~ Dash of cinnamon or any other seasoning
    ~ 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
    ~ 1 large spoonful of cottage cheese, apple sauce, or yogurt
    Warm banana in a mug and mash it. Add oats and egg. Mix and add all the other ingredients. Now is the time you can get a little crazy with the recipe!! You can add any kind of fruit(fresh blueberries are my fave, chocolate chips, protein powder, peanut butter, pumpkin, flax or chia seeds, literally ANYTHING. Make sure it has a batter consistency. Cook in a microwave for 2-2.5 minutes. Pop it onto a plate and top with your fav toppings. Butter, nut butter, Nutella, or jam. 

• @Brittany Yeaton sounds fantastic queen!!!! It's such a tricky one cuz we want to fill ourselves io for long time!!!!!

• @Julia Knudsen where do you get ur rye bread, I must try that!!!

• @Vicky Baker ooooh vicky I need to try these yogurts from lidl,  I'm not a yogurt fan either so really interested in trying them x

• @Maeve O'Keeffe yeah I know what you mean, used to have smoothies all the time! Will try some new ones 😁

• @Vicky Baker ooh that sounds like a fab idea!! Ill see if they have something similar in aldi, thank you 😁

• @Bella Armfield lovely! Noted 😍😍

• @Julia Knudsen Ooh nice I'll see if I can try rye then! Yeah I love that combo too but never fills me up either 😂

• @Louise Hegarty the oat pancakes sound great! I have a great recipe for vegan banana pancakes if anyone wants it! But your suggestion is a lot healthier 😋😋

• @Brittany Yeaton I never try smoothes with veggies in but I'll have a try!

And those micro cakes sound healthy and so perfect for breakfast! Defo will try 😁 thank you! 

• @Louise Hegarty oooh porridge could be a good one- super healthy and filling!! Love omelettes 😍😍

• @Jenny Wilson you will have to give it a go 💗 or maybe use Greek yoghurt and fruit as a snack in between? 

• @Carmel Mulvany There are a few local shops that have them , maybe try Aldi, tesco or some of the health stores 💗 Some of the health cafes are open for take away. You are in Ireland right? 

• @Julia Knudsen yes indeed queen, in cavan!!! Class I'm so gonna get me some of that 2mro!!!! I have loads of ideas now xx

• @Jenny Wilson 

Hi Jenny, my favourite breakfast at the moment is porridge bread... I bake it on a Sunday evening & store it in the fridge, each morning I cut 2 slices and heat it in the toaster or microwave & pop on some low sugar rasberry jam. I find it's much tastier than eating a bowl of porridge, leaves me full until lunch and is quick for the weekday mornings!  This is the recipie I use (approx 200cals a portion): 

-200g porridge oats

- 1 tub natural yoghurt

-100g raisins (you can add seeds/nuts too if you like but I'm a plain Jane) 

-1tbsp baking soda 

-1or 2 tbsp honey 

- then mix it up & pop it in the oven for about 40 mins & turn it for another 10mins :) 

• @MaryEllen Gallagher that sounds like a great idea!! Will definitely give it a go thank you 😁

• Hi Queen! Overnight oats or smoothie for the win in my household haha!! Defo try things and find out what works best for you for ease and taste and nutrition!! Boom Queen 🙌👑😘

• @Katie Rynne thanks gal! I had some oats this morning which were pretty good but going to try some other combos 😜 thanks queen! 

• Follow @fitgreenmind on Instagram for healthy vegan alternatives to classic comfort foods. @connoisseurusveg also has delicious recipes and if you are starting raw vegan @rawveganrecipeshare is very good. I've made a number of recipes from these three and have the vegan instapot book. Instapots are lifesaving! The minimalist baker is another great recipe book

• 2 / 3