z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Some sad news. | MaeveMadden

Some sad news.

• @Darina Kelly heya Queen just, checking in with u to see u r doing! Know that we r all here for u doll. Huge hugs going out to u both ❤️❤️❤️👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• 💙💙💙

• @Darina Kelly sending you and your family love and prayers! Just wanted you to know we are all thinking of you and if you need to talk, please just message 💕🙏

• so sorry to hear hang in there sending you lots of love xxx

• @Darina Kelly sending you both huge love. 

My nail girl has had 6 miscarriages whilst trying for a baby. She messaged me last week to tell me she's finally reached 20 weeks. Queens Don't Quit. You will get through the tough times & there will be joy at the otherside. 

Big hugs. ❤

• Oh no@Darina Kelly just seeing this now, my heart is broken for you!😭😭😭 so devastating for you. We are all here for you ❤️
    sending you all of the love and luck in the world. Be kind to yourself and know that you are fabulous no matter what  ❤️❤️

• @Katy Evans thanks for checking in. Im doing okay. I have good and bad days. In a good bit of pain which is to be expected. Taking it one day at a time and trying to stay positive x

• @Audrey Browne thanks Audrey. Really feeling the love and support from all the queens and received a beautiful card from Maeve in the post. Im just blown away by the support from this community 💕👑

• @Kerry North trying to focus on positive stories like this 🥰 thanks Queen x

• @Darina Kelly you are such a strong girl Darina, proud of you. The pain will ease v soooon ♥️ In my thoughts lots xx

• @Darina Kelly hey there, oh I am so sorry you have to go through this. The same thing happened to me last year, more than once. It's so true that nobody talks about it! It's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, and I will always openly talk about it now. When you get the news all you can think of is 'why me'.. thinking you're the only one. But you are absolutely not. I really hope your surgery goes ok .. I was so nervous as well, but honestly it was fine. It was more the mental side of things that took me time to get over. Physically, I felt fine after a couple days. Just like a bad period 😞... sending all my love ♥️♥️♥️♥️

• @Vicky Baker Hey Vicky! I really hope you don't mind me asking. But it sounds like I've had the same problems as you and wondering about the progesterone .. We only started trying last year and from Jan-Dec I had 3 miscarriages in the early stages 😔. The last one resulting in a D&C where they examined the tissue and found 'a normal pregnancy' ... I've not heard anything from my doctor about any further investigations or tests etc. And with Covid going on, I'm a bit apprehensive to call them! .. but I am 39 now and feel like time is running out. So I just wondered did they give you any tests or anything. How did you land up getting progesterone treatment? What should I be pushing the doctor for? I'm keen to try again, but only with some help. I don't think I could face it happening again a 4th time xxx 

• @Darina Kelly Oh Darina, such sad news. I hope your week was ok, it’s a hard thing to go through and it’s not spoken of as openly as it should be. Thinking of you, take care of yourself 😔

• @Helen Madden hey Helen no probs at all

So I had my son when I was 26 and he was born at 30 wks by hospital dates and 33 wks by my dates , he was just over 2lbs and he ended up being in NICU for 7 wks. Never met any drs or got any explanations. I felt less confident back then and asked no questions stupidly.

When we started trying I could get pregnant but not continue to full term. I had had scan at 7 wks with heartbeat and then at just over 12 wks we had what they called a missed miscarriage. We even had our pregnancy announcement done up to send that day so it was beyond devastating and sickening and maddening

I decided to go private then to prof cotter in Limerick and she changed everything for me. She got my records from my pregnancy on my son all those yrs earlier and she said it seemed like I maybe had a clotting issue called antiphospholipid syndrome. She felt that little clots were forming and would attack the pregnancy.

Second time it happened at 9 wks they thought it was partial molar pregnancy and I had to have weekly blood tests until all the hcg was gone from my body and I wasn't allowed to try for six mths..

I was was over 40 then and the chances of other issues cropping up were on my mind and prof cotter advised I try again and we would throw everything at it and treat the pregnancy like an ivf pregnancy. We gave ourselves a target of June 2015 and we would give up then but thankfully I found out I was pregnant while on hols in June and the minute we got home I filled my prescription for progesterone, mini aspirin and the injections. 

Progesterone was to feather the nest and protect the pregnancy, the aspirin and heparin injections were to thin the blood to avoid the clots doing damage again and thankfully in Feb 2016 our beautiful Bonnie was born at 38 wks . 

I also had letz treatment for cin level pre cancer cells in my late 20s which reduced the length of my womb and again no one told me this could have ramifications further down the line. Prof cotter saw all of this and gave me stitches in my womb at 14 wks to hold the pregnancy. I couldn't advise strongly enough to learn about our bodies and ask questions and don't be afraid to push. I was with my son's dad for 10 yrs and because we weren't married back then I felt I couldn't ask..I regret so much about letting myself be pushed aside by drs x best of luck with your journey xx

• @Vicky Baker thank you so much for sharing! I think I'll get the ball rolling and contact my doctor on Monday. I manage to get pregnant easily when we've tried, pretty much the first time each time (with fertility sticks), but it's just getting past 8wks that isn't happening. With the last one I actually thought it was going to work out as I'd started to feel really pregnant with all the symptoms, we were getting excited and so organised a private scan at 9.5 weeks. But sadly there was no heartbeat and then I had to go through D&C treatment, and so that was classed as a missed miscarriage. Luckily the other 2 happened naturally, so were a bit less traumatic. If there is such a thing! ... that's an interesting point about the pre-cancer cell treatment. I had the same thing about 8 years ago and nobody's mentioned a thing about it!  I'll definitely mention this to the doctor. I'm keen to give it one last shot as I'll be 40 in December. Where does the time go.. 

thank you so much 💕

• @Helen Madden Helen I wish you so much luck and love doing this and the fact you've a plan now and want this will defo stand to you.

Mention everything..ask about progesterone once pregnant and so on. Ask about clotting factors and so on. Maybe worth a private consultant if possible as this is their area of expertise xxx 

• @Vicky Baker I'll deffo look into going private. In the mean-time I'll ask to be referred. One of the doctors at the Early Pregnancy Unit told me there was a Consultant there who was interested in this stuff, so that's worth trying to find out about too. I doubt the actual GP will be much help but I'll push! 🤞

xxxx

• So sorry for you both on this sad news. Sending you both much love and hugs 🤗 

• @Darina Kelly  I've just read this and so sorry for your loss, it has taken some amount of strength to share and chatting is sometimes a great way to release.

I've had this happen twice during lockdown and I have to admit I felt it hard as couldn't really see anyone to chat face to face or have a cry with, or get a mummy hug. (Although my husband was great💕). Take care, listen to your body and let it recover and you too.

I really found these classes to be a great tonic, the tunes, routine, the random chats, @Maeve Madden  infectious energy, definitely put a smile on a face and a way to zone out.

I hope all went ok in the hospital and that you are both doing as well as you can. Take care and lots of hugs to you both 💕🤗xx

• @Helen Madden thank you and Vicky for being so open. It's a thing not many talk openly about and I seem to be the same get to the 7 week mark and no further.

It takes strength to open up and both your tips and advice are greatly appreciated 💕😍xxx