z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

How are you feeling? | MaeveMadden

How are you feeling?

• Hey Queens 👑 

I always like to try stay positive on here but after seeing Ireland are extending level 5 until March has honestly really gotten to me tonight. I know the queens in the UK had a similar announcement a few weeks ago and it's just so so crap. I really hope that everyone is doing okay! ❤️ Sending so much love and virtual hug to all of you 💕 Honestly I'm really struggling this lockdown and tonight especially, it just feels never ending. I'm lucky in many ways to be living with my family during all this, as much as I miss my boyfriend and my friends I feel so grateful to have someone because I know there are people out there who are living on their own and it can feel so isolating. 

So tonight I just wanted to ask, honestly, how are you? If you're having a bad day or struggling a wee bit it's absolutely fine to feel like that but always remember there are so many people who want to be there for you, even just here with Team Queen. Never be afraid to reach out ❤️❤️ I think Team Queen has been a saviour for me since the start of all this and I'm so grateful for Maeve and all the queens for being that but of positivity in a world of madness 😅🙌🏻
    Sending so much love to you all queens 💕💕

• @Niamh Byrne Thanks for being so honest and sharing ❤️. So sorry to hear your lockdown has been extended until March, that's such a blow for you to hear. Glad that you've had the support of your family but it definitely is not easy - can't begin to imagine what it must be like being separated from your boyfriend. 

I won't be surprised if our lockdown is extended further also, have heard rumours of it lasting until Easter. I think the past year has been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, especially with the uncertainty of everything. So hard not knowing when it will end and not being able to have anything to look forward to. I go through phases of accepting it and then feeling really fed up and down about it. It's so easy to compare yourself to other people and feel guilty but we're allowed to feel lost and we all have our own unique experiences through this time. 

You're so right though, I don't know how I would have survived without Team Queen. Having the community on here has been so encouraging, but even having the routine and schedule to bring more purpose to your day is a godsend. The fact that we're getting stronger and fitter together is amazing too and has brought so much positivity to such a difficult time. We'll get each other through this - even if we can't see each other! 💕 x 

• @Niamh Byrne Hugs to you doll xx i know its not easy x

Lockdown has been mostly good for me in terms of my health and fitness and time with family.    Bad for me in that i got redudancy from my job after 20 yrs and my husband was temporarily laid off at the start as we work in aviation sector but we are slowly finding our way to a new routine and he is now back 4 days a week at the airport. We only built and moved into our dream house over a year ago so covid couldnt have come at a worse time financially and so on but we have been making the best of things and life has slowed down and eventhough at times i get down and peed off and annoyed and bored and anxious I also feel so grateful that so far no one in my family has gotten covid and thankfully no one i know has been seriously sick or hospitalised. 

we just said last week that if we can all come thorugh this without any loss or illness in our family or friends circle we will feel so lucky.

I miss my mam and my family and Bonnie misses school and her friends. We live next door to my inlaws so we have bubbled as one household which means I am very lucky that Bonnie can jump the wall and call in next door and Joe gets to see his parents every day.

I spoke to my mam yesterday on video call and she looked so tired and her best friend died xmas week so i would give anything to meet her,hug her and tell her it will all be ok. we are dreaming of a holiday late this year if it works out and i will spoil her rotten when i get the chance. 

I can imagine its hard missing your boyfriend and i feel for anyone not with the ones they love right now. Its tough girl but we will focus on what we can do right now and we will be stronger,fitter, healthier at the end of this x

• @Niamh Byrne Aw Niamh, it bloody sucks (for want of using MUCH STRONGER LANGUAGE!) I think part of what makes it worse for me is that the official announcement hasn't been made yet, so we got that Monday stress late enough in the evening without knowing the specifics. It is great that you are living with your family, having that support structure is crucial. But that doesn't help in terms of missing your boyfriend. I don't know if you saw me saying on another post how we are all in the same storm, but in different boats facing different waves. Everyone is struggling to various degrees, and it is all relative to each individual. 

For me what has helped has been structure- I have a Head Plan planner (have you heard of it?) I write out my weekly goals and then my daily goals, and then I tick them off every day if I achieve them (I love crossing stuff off a list, so I literally include every thing so I can get the satisfaction, sometimes I'll even write in something I've already done that day just to be able to cross it out!!!) I try to fill my days up with workouts, walks, yoga, foam-roller, self-help books (if you have any interest I can recommend some that have helped me!), meditation, books and tv. A balance between being active and having rest time. The forum has also helped me as I love trying to somwhat help people, and cheering everyone on, so I focus a small bit less on myself and on helping others! 

All we can do is one day at a time, even hour by hour. Some day this will all be a distant memory, we will have developed such resilience, an appreciation for the small things that matter and a focus on ourselves, and so much beyond that. Massive big virtual hug to you. (Also I recommend watching/re-watching Schitts Creek, it is a short burst of sunshine guaranteed to make you smile!) 

Glad you reached out, you can do this hun!

• @Niamh Byrne 100% get it, in Dublin here so feel it. Have the support of people around etc and do feel for anyone on own. I joined this team of Queens in January and love it! keeps me motivated and somewhat sane....

We are all feeling this and it is day by day for me. I like the idea of journal that @Sharon Scully mentions also look forward to the Mindfulness that Maeve mentioned yesterday also. We are in this together and think this is the place to vent and support. See you shortly 

Dee x

• Hi Niamh, thanks for your post, feeling the exact same way. I knew lockdown would be extended it was obvious and thankfully case numbers are beginning to fall although hospitals continue to be under huge pressure. I have two teenagers, one doing first year college and other in 5th year. Very hard to keep them upbeat, there is so little for them to do or look forward to. They miss their friends and being sociable, it’s almost a year since they’ve been at home!

However, I’ve started following Simon Harris on Instagram (I’m not in anyway political) but he posted a very positive message this morning and it just gave me a bit of a lift, a bit of hope. Passed it onto my kids so that it gave them the same feeling. Check him out if you like.

Of course being part of this community has definitely helped as well. Sending lots of love 👑💕

• Good morning @Niamh Byrne totally understand. January has been the longest month ever and although I think we all knew lockdown was going to be extended the actual news is sickening... Sorry to hear you are struggling and it really does help to share and not pretend everything is ok when it clearly isnt!

We are one day closer Spring - longer days and a vaccination soon! I try and stay off the news and those that bring me down on social media. Thankfully we have Team Queen to support each other and bring the happy hormones daily :) xx

• @Pamela King Who knew there could be a month that was longer than March 2020 eh!!! Absolutely right though, the brighter longer days will definitely help somewhat! It can be a struggle to get up when it is dark outside so that is definitely a positive to focus on. 

• @Sharon Scully  it's like Day 2,002,311 in the Big Brother house lol

• @Niamh Byrne Sending hugs to you and all the queens 👑

So glad you have your family to spend this time with!

I'm with my boyfriend and coping fairly well given the circumstances. I do feel overly tired a lot and can quite easily snap though 😬 but QDQ has kept the positive energy going!

Xxxx

• Hi Queens, I'm feeling blue today just wanted to ask for advice.

I've been loving the workouts but I hurt my wrist recently and I can't do a lot of the ab routines. I try and put in alternatives but it's affecting my mood and just feeling in a slump/ not pushing myself anymore.

Going to get on with it but if you have any advice on keeping spirits up let me know!

xxx

• @Niamh Brennan first thing is be kind to yourself. It's ok to feel off. Maybe try getting out for a walk, listen to a funny podcast, treat yourself to that coffee & cake. Make that call to a friend or family member and just chat ❤️These are just small things but might help. Look after your wrist, maybe rest it a bit. Workouts will be here waiting for you 🤗❤️

• @Niamh Brennan Add in some basic alternates- bicycle forward and back, bicycle crunch, leg raises, punch and star (not sure if that would impact wrist), sit-up punch but without the punch or with limited effort, plank on you elbows (again not sure if that would impact wrist) If you watch one of the beginner f-ab class it might give you some more ideas for a few simple alternates that avoid wrist use? But please please be careful of the wrist, we don't want you hurting it further!

Try frame it this way- abs are usually only for say 2 songs at the end, and if you can find 3 simple alternates you can just stick with them for the ab section of the workout and you will still be moving, and working the abs, and you won't be missing out at all really. Or even if you skip the abs altogether, if you are doing a live put on some upbeat songs that makes you smile and dance around you room through abs, and then go onto to the finisher/or if not doing live just skip through to the finisher. It really isn't going to impede your progress too much by skipping it, I promise!!!

You cannot target weight loss from a specific area so the abs part are to strengthen the abs but not to make you skinnier there, and if you think of the workouts where Maeve is telling us to suck in the abs (I love her "hahaha" to get you to feel it) there are so many moves where you are working abs during other non-specific ab moves! 

Try keep the head up as best you can- you are still in a great position that you can keep moving and queening.  

• @Niamh Byrne tough news to swallow 😰

Have ploughed through the majority of lock down just fine but just this  last week I am missing normal life alot! What I'd do to hug my little nieces and nephew 🥺 but such is life I hope to God this lock down works, think it's so frustrating seeing the gov doing half arsed measures 😬😬 anywhoooo we must try and stay positive and keep going I guess and QDQ definitely helps keep the days in check!! V hard not seeing your boyfriend but better days are definitely coming 😘 xx 

• @Linda Flood Thanks Linda❤️

• @Sharon Scully Oh thank you Sharon, great advice! I love Maeve's ab routine because I think you can feel it in your back muscles as well so I'm missing her routine but your suggestions are great.

I haven't really been tracking weightloss or anything just want to keep moving in lockdown (especially as it is really cold outside for runs). But very grateful for still being able to join in with most of the routines!

• @Amy Johnston @Vicky Baker @Sharon Scully @Dee Synnott @Linda Flood @Jenny Wilson @Leonie Mcnulty Thanks for all the lovely replies queens, only getting a chance to properly come on and read them now ❤️ I feel like sometimes it's hard to say you're struggling (even though I think so many people are) because of not wanting to bring others down, especially now. I'm just so grateful for all the positivity on here even on the days when I'm feeling crap there's always so much love on here and I have so much love for every single queen on here, wish I could give you all a big hug! ❤️ I feel like it's such a hard time for everyone and I honestly don't know what I'd be doing without team queen! Definitely going to give combat queens a go this evening so I'll be personifying all these feelings and kicking their ass 😅 

@Sharon Scully I would love to hear more about that planner and have always wanted to read self help books but never knew where to start! If you had a chance queen I'd love for you to share x

• Im having a bad day and its nor directly linked to Lockdown, feeling under appreciated in work and wondering if I need to make some big changes.

I have heard of a few people that lockdown has made them reassess if they are happy in their jobs. I lost a whole stream of income as I was a kids face painter and cant imagine I will go back to that before next year. I miss the kids and I miss being appreciated!

My full time job suddenly saw a demand for my IT and marketing skills but nobody seems to see the reason things works so well is because of me...

I do need to stop feeling sorry for myself though, juast having a bad day and everyone is annoying me!!

My family mostly live in my town including my parents, my teenage son is happy to keep in contact with his friends online and still does stuff like walks and some tv with us. We are all currently well. I get to see my toddler nephews who give me such joys regularly, I get to chat to my niece on whatapp...so Ive a lot to be happy about...just right now finding it hard not to be gumpy!!

• @Anne Hamilton Black Hi Anne  you can let yourself have one of those days, you need those days where you feel sorry for yourself so you can look after yourself.

I get you about work, I feel the same in my office sometimes. What helps me is to remind myself life is so much bigger than my job and you're worth so much more than it.

Is there anyway you can tell your manager how you are feeling?

We need to give ourselves a break, it has been such a difficult year and it's okay to feel let down by it. But the most important thing is to remain hopeful ❤️

• Hi ladies, just wanted to pop on here as I'm feeling in the same boat. I'm the one was bawling at the end of YMCA tonight! Which is quite hilarious really 😂 but your lovely replies really picked me up - and so did the workout endorphins. Feeling much better now - it's amazing what a workout can do for your mood.

on that front @Niamh Brennan don't forget to give yourself a break 😘 You're doing amazing through this, we all are. So if your wrist is hurting just get on with any other move that takes the strain off and don't worry about it for now. Once it's better you can be back to those ab routines. Maeve makes it so fun so just make up your own disco moves as an alternative! I'm so uncoordinated but sure I just go for it and Hope for the best 😂 pretend you're in the club back in the day 💃🏽 I think that's what got me crying tonight - I just relaxed into YMCA and didn't feel silly in my living room dancing around on my own. Felt really good and helped me let go of the emotions 🙏🏼

keep up the great support ladies 😘😘😘

• 1 / 2