z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Lack of motivation | MaeveMadden

Lack of motivation

• Hey Queens 👑have found myself loosing motivation don't get me wrong I'm still doing my workouts just don't feel I'm giving it my all I found myself fast forwarding the floors and skipping bits 🙈and the healthy eating has well and truly gone out the window😅Any tips or tricks to avoid this and get back on it ?!

• @Mairead Murphy Aw Queen, we've all bn there. Especially coming out of a Valentines & Pancake night. This lockdown with having no end date is also another factor. Mairead just make sure ure getting enough water & sleep. Have a look at ur sugar intake, is it higher than normal. Fizzy drinks?????. It cld be hormonal also. R u getting enough fresh air.? I felt like this in January even though I did every workout & kept to my goals i just felt I didn't give it my all. So I knew I needed to change things up so I started back walking again after my workouts. It's going so well for me at mo loving it. Although housework has taken a bit of a back seat 🤣🤣. But Queen we all go through stages like ur feeling u r not on ur own. Just have a recap u never know what u might find or see that is different from the norm. Take care of urself Mairead 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• Hey Mairead 😀 it's a human nature thing to become fed up with things and it doesn't help with lockdown at the moment you probably feeling like all you're doing is perhaps in my case anyways working, eating walking and workouts! There's not much else we can do 😞 I find I'm focusing on the summer months to come as a goal for me I know we will be at home but hopefully the weather will be nicer and we will get to meet friends and family we haven't seen for quite a while, BBQs in the garden and just in general living life a bit better! I'm using this time as a glow up lol in terms of my skin care,hair care and working out like a queen to feel confident and stronger. With regards to not feeling like you want to complete a workout, just do what you can/feel like AND then do a bit more - see can you push yourself to do an extra round/rep etc. Remember why you started Queens don't quit! Different times of the month we all fall into the trap of eating perhaps a little less healthy don't beat yourself up about it as I said we're all human!! A new week for you to set goals and ambitions but be kind to yourself - you're doing great ! 💕👑

• @Audrey Browne Thank you so much Audrey for your advice I can definitely say the fizzy drinks have consumed me and im not getting out as much as I used to! definitely going to take all that on board and hopefully this week will be a better and stronger one to last 💕

• @Michelle Dillon  Thabks Michelle for you help and advice I agree with you All I kept saying last week was what's the point I go to work and work out and eat and eat and then the same story the next day and I think that negativity played a huge part in my lack of motivation! But your totally right there is lots more we can do and self love is a big one as times are hard lately !

I'm hoping that this week I'll be back on track pushing myself more so than ever !
    And hopefully we all have an amazing fresh start tomorrow !!

thabk you so much once again 💕

• Hi Mairead! It's 100 % normal to feel this way! Everyone has ebb and flow to their life - some weeks will be moving forward, some weeks feel like 2 steps back. Questions to ask yourself: are you getting enough sleep? Is your blood sugar possibly low? Are you drinking enough water? Where are you in your menstrual cycle? These last two weeks I personally have needed more sleep than normal, and I recently discovered that sometimes when I feel depressed all I really need is a little more sugar or honey in a cup of tea. Obviously you will feel extra hungry if your period is coming! Most importantly, don't beat yourself up about it. That's not queening, as Maeve would say ;) Accept where you're at right now, support yourself mentally and know that everything is fine, and keep believing you'll get to where you would like to be (emotionally, physically, etc). You'll get there soon enough. :)

• @Mairead Murphy Queen i have every faith that ull knock it out of the park. U've got this girl. 🙌🙌🙌👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Phoebe Scarborough thanks so much 💕

• @Mairead Murphy Hi Mairead, hope you are doing well :) I just wanted to let you know I have been there so much already this year and thats okay. I know when we feel unmotivated we almost want to give up, I allow my body rest even though thats so hard for me to do, but I come back after a few days feel energised and excited to get back into it. I think we all want to be amazing at everything we do all the time but thats just not the case and thats absolutly okay, the fact you are still taking part in the workouts is great.

hope next week will be better, we are all here to support you x

• @Mairead Murphy Don't worry, it's totally normal to lose motiation! I often find myself having to properly talk myself into doing a workout. I think because we've been spending so much time indoors and with life becoming like groundhog day it's hard to find motivation for anything. I'm really struggling to concentrate at work, motivate myself to clean the flat, just do anything because I'm so fed up of living in such a repetitive loop. Exercise always takes more motivation anyway. 

I'd also check you aren't overdoing it with the workouts and remembering that it's ok to take rest days. If you're feeling lethargic and unmotivated sometimes it's just good to get outside and move your body that way so that you can hit the reset button and come back with more energy xx

• @Mairead Murphy we've all been there 😅 start small, maybe get your food sorted today your healthy eats and maybe a small walk or the 15 min work out in the library. And then tomoro do one of your favourite classes and slowly but surely you'll start coming back to yourself! On a bad day I have to say lottie's class puts me in great form I think it's all the singing! 🤣 It's just about getting your foot back in the door and your old habits will come back!  🤞 And don't stress about it, it's a new week and you got this 💪

• Hi@Mairead Murphy Just echoing what everyone else has said, it's totally normal to go through phases of not having motivation/energy and wanting to eat all the chocolate! I did it myself last week over half term as I was exhausted and I ate alllll the mini eggs and only did 2 short workouts but then today I made the decision to rein it in again. I think a lot of it starts with what your mind tells you and I find having a goal to focus on can really set my mind back to it. Hope that helps!

• I'm struggling big time with working out since last Friday, something is off and I can't give it my all, and struggling with everything and I've no idea why. From what I've read online it's everything the ladies have said above so I'm gonna try and drink more water and eat better. Also when I used to live in a different timezone, I've been there and forwarded through the mat routine and a song I don't like. Doing it live makes a big difference for me, not sure if you can but live makes a big difference for me. 

• @Alana Moore thank you so much for you help and advice Alana x

• @Amy Johnston that's so much Amy xx

• @Laura C  thanks so much Laura x

• @Pam Curry Hi Pam sadly I can't do lives with my work hours  which is quite disappointing as I feel a lot more people are motivated by it, I'm taking this week like you said to eat healthier and drink a lot more water along side the workouts hopefully by the end of this week wel both be back on track x

• I am feeling exactly the same!! 

• @Sarah Tobin @Mairead Murphy let's hope this day next week we are all in flying form.