z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Weirdly Tired & Hungry | MaeveMadden

Weirdly Tired & Hungry

• Hey Queens, 

How are we all doing, ahhhh week 9 the excitement... I was wondering any fellow covid Queens on here???

I find I have days like today where I am soooo unbelievably tired, and starving all day long... I know the dr keeps saying oh that happens after covid and can even last up to 4 months ugh... Some days I really struggle I had a good 9 hours undisturbed sleep last night.  

Maybe its just this long ass lockdown and where I live is literally concrete jungle.. 

Would love to hear if anyone else is feeling the sam e

• Maeve I feel very similar!! I haven't even had Covid but my god must be the hormones, I've been feeling so drained and hungry all week, and even though I love the workouts this week I've really struggled for that reason x 

• @Maeve Madden Honestly you've described my entire mood today but it is day 1 of the cycle after all 😂😂😂

My dad caught COVID way at the beginning in April last year and he was the exact same! My dad would be in really good health and he would hardly catch a cold never mind be sick but he took it really bad, not hospitalised or anything but it was a rough time considering he avoids every illness that's usually going! I'm not even exaggerating when I say he slept for 20 hours straight one day... me and mum actually thought his heart stopped which is funny now but wasn't so funny at the time 😂

He actually cut his work down from 5 days a week to 4 before Christmas because he was always exhausted!!! My dad used to work late nights in a bar some evenings and referee Gaelic matches on other evenings after working all day but now he would sleep on the couch before dinner 🙈 So you're not on your own there! 

COVID probably hasn't helped but I'd say it's a mixture of everything from long covid, lockdowns and the fact you're isolated and away from home. I think everyone is just fed up and ready for it to be over with at this stage! We're all really in need of some freedom as such at this stage... today's NI announcement has just sucked the life out of me too! 

Keep strong Queen 👑💕

• @Maeve Madden 

I feel the exact same post COVID, thought energy and health was fully back on track and doing everything right but feeling some days are just exhaussssssting, been lumping in the healthy energy foods and it hasn't made a difference think unfortunately it's just a waiting game.

Spoke to a profesh about this and they have just said to keep going with the high energy supplements and to build back up the immune system, I have just ordered the Floradix iron & vit b complex v good for helping with Fatigue! 

Hope this helps xo

• @Maeve Madden Maeve I've honestly felt the same and to my knowledge I haven't even had covid! I've started taking my pharmaton multivitamins again to try get my energy up, maybe there's a tonic you could get in the pharmacy? I remember I got glandular fever in my leaving cert year and honestly was still feeling the affects of the fatigue from it in first year and like you most dr just kept saying 'oh it's just after having glandular fever' and I'm like okay but what can I do to make it stop. So they gave me a tonic to take and now when I say it tasted rancid it really did but it genuinely helped, obviously didn't get rid of the tiredness but it definitely helped with my energy levels when I was up and about! 

Mind yourself queen! x

• I am feeling the exact same 🤭 I had a big lunch before I did spicy circuits today and I am starving again for dinner 😂

I find I've very little energy also.. got through my workouts today and yesterday but just about !! 

Glad to know I'm not alone 🤞🏻🤞🏻💖💖💖

• Do they have any post covid clinics in the uk @Maeve Madden ? A friend of mine had it the same time as you but was hospitalised, and still hasnt been well enough to return to work, so her post covid is very bad, she was concidering joining Queens dont quit but hasn't the energy to walk to the shower never mind a class poor thing. Shes an appointment with a post covid clinic but found it very very hard to get an appointment, even just seeing her GP was an issue. 

No harm in getting them to check your bloods at least to see if there is anything in particular that could help vitamin wise?

I fully thought you were too exhausted to do combat queens tonight, and I dont think any of us would blame you if you had to cancel!

Big hugs!

• @Beth Haughian oh Beth I'm with you. I don't even understand the "pathway ", but I am deflated. No hope, nothing to look forward to. Just bleh

• @Maeve Madden have you dramatically cut your sugar? Like are you used to a lot more?

I had to do a sugar free/ reduced sugar diet a few years ago, from about two weeks in I felt like I had the flu, was extremely lethargic and aches and pains everywhere and regularly dizzy! Was quite scary tbh and all down to sugar withdrawal! 

• @Maeve Madden Hi Queen, Yes i feel like this for sure some days!!! i think its being stuck at home and the monotamy of doing the same things wk after wk. One of the friends had covid too and is still extremely tired!!! I would go to doc again and get full bloods done. You are doing so much with all the classes, i dont honestly know how you manage to do it after being so sick.  You know we have such an amazing selection of classes here that if you need to take a break, you should just do it!!!!! you have to look after yourself queen xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany I agree with you totally Carmel @Maeve Madden  you would never let us down if you ever had to skip a class . You need to mind yourself and look after yourself like you always remind us to 🙏🏻🙏🏻💖💖💖

• Havent had Covid Maeve but might consider getting your iron checked! I'm anaemic and this sounds very similar to how I feel when my bloods are low. Extreme lethargy, not even tiredness just difficulty getting around and doing basic things, and you crave an insane amount of food!

• @Maeve Madden I had covid back in October and still get tiredness - now I didnt have it as bad as some, I had headaches, and aches, pains and utter fatigue, which went beyond tiredness, I was having snoozes.

I have found that I get tired a lot quicker especially when i do a few sessions in a day. Like tired all over not just a wee yawn tired, and get brain fog. To be honest it hasnt gotten any different over time or eased. I find by doing Mon-Wed double classes im like a vegetable Wed night which was never like me I was a night owl; and then I crave all the sugar and carbs as im tired.

Its a bit confusing as just comes over me, even as you mention with a good sleep under my belt - its weird as I never was fatigued before or tired really until a wee friday night snoozy time then grand. I also think lockdown maybe is doing the same but thinking if anything I should be more relaxed as not cummuting for 2 hours a day round trip or bopping out meeting people filling my evenings and weekends 🤷🤔

Sorry bit of an essay there🤦‍♀️ Im hoping it subsides as get the sunshine and vit D into me 😍xx

• @Maeve Madden I follow a couple of naturopaths and the likes on IG. and I just thought yesterday the of the Dr is not helping, maybe going down the natural route could help? Herbalists & tonics and what not to give you a good boost after having covid. 

I don't know as I haven't had covid but I have been to the likes before for acne/digestion/fatigue when the Dr wouldn't help me anymore. Maybe it was placebo who knows! Just an idea for ye queens! Hope ye feel better soon, the after effects sound awful! Xx