z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

What Have You Achieved- Spring Queens 👑 | MaeveMadden

What Have You Achieved- Spring Queens 👑

• Hey Queens, 

I wanted to pop on and maybe start a thread where we can share our little and big wins over the spring queens challenge, like some of you I'm not sure if I'll upload any progress pictures yet but I just wanted to share my little wins and celebrate your wins too if you want to share. Big or small, physical or mental it doesn't matter we celebrate them all! ❤️

There have been so many wins along the way but a few of my big wins have been: 

- I have mastered advenced moves pretty much all around, before this challenge my upper body and core strength wasn't the best and I couldn't manage planks at all. Now I'm doing push ups, full planks, plank walks and my most proud moment is full plank crunches/snaps. Never throught I'd be able to do them at all! I feel so so strong and I'm fitter than I've ever been. 

- My sleep has improved so much over the last 10 weeks along with my water intake and that was such a struggle for me! 

- I've made it through every rep in songs I never thought I would (titanium lol 🤣) I used to struggle so so much and now I push myself and get through every rep and it's such an amazing feeling getting through a song you never thought you'd be able for! 

- Last but certainly not least: My confidence. My goodness I feel like a new person, I look in the mirror most days now and love what I see. I've stopped been so caught up thinking what will everyone else think and have focused my thoughts on what I think about myself and I'm so so proud of myself for my achievements this year and particularly in this challenge. I look at myself in a completely different light and I absolutely love it. 

There have been so many wins and so much progress along the way. I feel my body hasn't changed too much this challenge (might take pictures tomorrow just for curiosity sake) but my mentality and my strength has changed so much for the better. I feel like a new woman and it's all down to this amazing community ❤️👑 Most of all, I feel like I've made so many friends in you all, you are all so supprtive and inspirationsl and wherever you are in your journey, whatever your journey is you keep going and we'll all be here to support you ❤️

We've all made so much progress together and at the end of the day we're all winners, we've come so far and we'll keep going and getting fitter and stronger together every step of the way! 

So Queens, what have been your wins or goals you've smashed during this challenge? Would absolutely love to hear everyone's progress no matter what it is x

• @Niamh Byrne ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Loved reading this! So proud of you! Absolutely smashing it, and so thrilled to see the shift in confidence, nothing better than looking in the mirror and feeling nothing but pride! 

- Getting this out of the way as actually it's currently not my primary focus (despite having a  meltdown about it in Jan! But managed to adjust my mindset): Don't see much massive change in photos as such so far, buuut I lost maybe an inch off my hips and my thighs, and lost maybe 5 pounds! And sexxxxy shoulders- I see you peeping through! 

- Doing mostly advanced moves and while i still struggle with Titanium I have an appreciation when I can do the split squat pops! My new 7.5kg weights arrived in Feb and I'm now using them as much as possible, but recognise the moves where I need to drop back to the 5s or 3s and know that those are still a challenge!

- Taking time off my 5km runs, pretty much week-on-week. Not feeling niggles in my legs like I would have previously, being able to actually (sort of!) enjoy the running! Going for 17km cycles with my nieces and nephews and not a bother on the legs

- Really working on mind/muscle connection, the difference in trying to do a push-up with having my core and glutes engaged!!

- Forever grateful for Francesca's class! That feeling like your peach is fully bruised and that you can't hold it any longer....but you just....manage... to hold on! 

- Sleep has improved. Been taking magnesium consistently and it has made such a difference. 

- QDQ Festival- ultimate highlight! 

- Mentally more good days that bad, which is fantastic considering current circumstances!!! Bawled crying during a glutes and gains one Monday recently, but I kept going! 

- Being more involved on the forum, and being as supportive as I can to as many ladies on here as I can! Feel I have a lot of worldly knowledge and insight to share (haha sound like some eejit saying that!) but I've done a lot of work on myself, and also have studied up a lot on nutrition, exercise etc so try help there where I can, but more so to be the biggest cheerleader I can be! 

Forever grateful to Maeve and to all the wonderful group on here! It is truly an amazing community to be part of. This morning's HIIT class was like the most perfect class in my eyes, and I absolutely smiled my head off during it!!!

• @Sharon Scully Absolutely love this Sharon! You have some amazing achievements in there and you should be so proud of yourself! I wish we could all congratulate each other with a big hig after this challenge tbh, I feel like it's been the toughest lockdown but we've kept going, we've kept each other going and I'm so grateful for the support of all the trainers and all the queens because I can imagine what I'd be doing without QDQ! Like yourself there are more good days than bad which I think is a pretty big achievement in the current circumstances!

Aw the HIIT was fantastic wasn't it. Felt so fit and so strong today, turned the volume up, left the curtains open in the living room and did not give a care who saw or heard me! I'm so proud of every single one of us x

• @Niamh Byrne @Sharon Scully Girls i admire you so much, im teary today reading how you have both smashed this challenge and all the wins you have experienced.  I just completed todays HIIT and when during Hero @Maeve Madden said "think where you were this time last year" i started to get so emotional.  Im not sure if it was hearing all the OG spice girls routines and know how much we have all come and the unbelieveable job Maeve has done starting QDQ and giving everything each wk for all of us, even when she was sick!!!!! Its incredible!!!! I couldnt stop smiling also @Sharon Scully.  The Venga bus just brings out the best in me!!!  

So spring challenge, i uped the amount of classes i did and boy did i enjoy it.  I love all the workouts so much, i try my best to get nearly all done a wk.  I feel so much stronger and i will always be thankful to Maeve for that.

Most importantly my mental health and love for myself is growing wk by wk.  When i think of when i started last April, I was in a very very dark place.  QDQ will never know how much they have helped and will forever have a place in my heart.  I can look in the mirror now and not hate whats looking back!!!

For me the community here is beyond anything i could have ever expected.  From the queens who i met last April when i started to the queens that have started this wk, you all are amazing.  The friendships i have made and the help and support i have received is outstanding and whenever 1 of you ladies need help or support, i will be right there for you. ALWAYS!!!

Like you girls my sleep has defo improved and im taking magnesium now to help with that.  I love the sense of achievement mastering new moves and learning how to get the best out of the moves.  completing all the burpees in titanium was such a boost for me!!! all those little wins means so much to me!!!

The Festival really was a huge highlight for me through out this challenge, i dont know how Maeve and the team did it but as i said before, Maeve goes above and beyond and provides that sunshine for us!!!!! SUPERWOMAN in my eyes!!! This is a little bit of heaven!!! Thank you Maeve and the team and sending all the love you my follow queens!!!! Love you all dearly xxx

• @Niamh Byrne Honestly I've cried happy tears pretty much every week for the last month- either during a class, reading a post, during the festival (multiple times!!!) etc- just being so genuinely happy for people on here!!! 

• @Carmel Mulvany Now I'm bawling after reading this!!!! That was exactly how I felt during the class! It was the OG songs, thinking during Hero how I used to have this as a measure of my fitness as to how far I could go in it before having to ease it back or stop cause I was out of breath, whereas there I was today and the knees were as high in the air, I was pummeling away during fast feet thinking yesss we are absolutely smashing this now!!! 

I'm so so happy for you!!! Again like I said to Niamh- the freedom of being able to look in the mirror and with (mostly!) no major judgement being passed, it just is a release! But mostly I'm so glad you have found the space here to be gentle on yourself, to cope with every thing through the chats and the workouts (hello endorphins!) and knowing you are making a difference-as for me personally you have been a great support! and you now have the honour of me singing "heyyyy sexy shoulders" in my head when I think of you, after me sharing about the song!!!! I have no doubt you are giving absolutely everything to as many workouts as possible, and no doubt that you are benefitting from it! 

Big love and virtual hug to you!!!!! xxxx

• @Sharon Scully oh honey, im an emotional wreck today!!!!! You are an absolute lady and friend!!!! Thank you so much for ur kind words and ALL the support along the way!!!! I also judge my fitness on how much I put into the burners, titanium,  hero, stamp,  dua lipa..... every single time feeling stronger and happier!!! Can you believe how far we've come queen...... especially with our "sexy shoulders...." I just love singing that now too!!!! I wish I could see you all and give you d biggest hug..... someday fingers crossed!!!! We r queens honey...... HELL YES!!!! We can to anything xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany Aw Carmel you'll make me cry (again!) 🥺 why are we so emotional ladies 😅@Sharon Scully@Carmel Mulvany
    Honestly we've come so far, when I started doing Maeve's insta workouts I was always afraid to do the lives because my fitness was so bad I wasn't able to keep up! I'd have to do the workouts from IGTV so I'd be able to pause the workout and restart! Now I feel like I can take on the world. I don't tend to stand around during our few minutes of rest I often have a little dance to myself until we start again(especially in sweaty 7s lol) 

We've come so far and I'm so so happy to have you ladies on the forum too. So inspiring and so supportive. Love hearing about your achievements queens! I only started doing Maeve's workouts in April last year but can you believe it's been a year? Even the challenge has just flown past, it gives us something to look forward to every day, doing a workout and having the craic all at once. 
    So much love for you queens 💛💛💛💛

• @Niamh Byrne so right honey!!!!:with lockdown and everything else lifes throws at us, this has been our safe place and a huge source of happiness!!!! Awh I cant believe how far you girls have come!!!! Its so amazing!!! I think with this lockdown everyone has struggled the most with it, I think that's why we r so emotional. I literally can't stop today! Just overjoyed to be part of this andade such special friends xx

• You girls are flyin! I also felt a bit emotional doing the hiit i caught up this evening after work. Can't believed it's been a year! I definitely won't be heading back to the gym if they open I love QDQ.
    I've really focused on this challenge and have worked out consistently 6 days a week. I didn't let home schooling or shift work be an excuse and made time for me. my arm is sore got the 2nd jab today but kept going just didn't punch so much to the left 🤜 

• I've cut down on the grazing 🐷
    • ensure I get the mindfulness in, it really clears my head.
    • upped weights 
    • managed to lose 10lb and feel like the old me! 

• @bridin Quinn omg amazing on so many levels!!!! So impressed with what you have achieved- fabulous Queening right there!!!! 

6 days a week is incredible considering the home-schooling demands!!!

Mindfulness is everything- if you're not already aware Bressie's wake-up/wind-up is fabulous!! I lile the Mindspace sleep wind-downs too 

I'm beyond thrilled for you getting the vaccine- the relief!!!!! The brightest of lights! 

• @bridin Quinn fabulous achievements queen you should be so proud of yourself 💛 it's been a fantastic 10 weeks, bit sad that it's going to be all over but so excited to see what Maeve has planned for us in the future x

• @bridin Quinn woow queen, that's so fantastic!!!! You have done amazing  thats serious wins right there!!! Huge congrats!!! I  hope ur arm improves 2mro, well done for still doing the workout, thats major queening right there!!!! Xx

• @Sharon Scully thanks must check it out I have trouble sleeping 💤 

• @bridin Quinn oh also try magnesium for difficult sleeping- honestly I'm usually the most restless of sleepers but taking it 7 days for the last month has been a game changer 

• @Niamh Byrne @Carmel Mulvany @Sharon Scully @bridin Quinn What a fabulous idea Niamh! So proud of all of you Queens for everything you have achieved during the Challenge, look at you all smashing those goals! It is truly wonderful and you should all be so proud of yourselves! 💛

I unfortunately didn't take any pics from the start of the challenge (I just completely forgot) but boy have I seen a difference and I'm so proud of the fact:

- I've finally managed to do the full advanced side planks and leg raise pulses as well as making it through Titanium with every advanced move! It may have killed me 🤣 (I think we all always die in titanium aha) but my god did I have the biggest smile on my face at the end! 

- I upped my weights from 3kg/4kg and used my 5kg weights in the single arm shoulder press, bent over row, deadlift and russian twists in Sweaty 7's and other classes and felt so strong! 

- I've been using my strong band for a good few weeks now and feel fabulous! When I first attempted to use it I thought I wouldn't be able to but I stuck with it and now I'm flying 😊

- Also my confidence has grown too and I genuinely feeling stronger, fitter and fabulous in myself! I thought I hadn't changed that much physically but I put my jeans on the other day and I can totally notice the differnce on my waist and my gymshark shorts from last summer no longer fit anymore 😂

My goal this challenge was to tone and I really do feel fabulous! Perky Peach, Sexy Shoulders, Lean Legs and a strong core 💪

Honestly girls I can't thank you all enough for all of your wonderful support and inspriation! QDQ is thee most amazing community ❤️👑 Roll on the next challenege our Queen @Maeve Madden creates for us 💕

• @Georgie Dillon yay absolutely love this Georgie 😍 well done queen you've done an absolutely amazing job and should be so proud of yourself. The confidence boost has been a massive win for me and I feel like so many other queens are starting to feel the same! There's nothing better than looking in the mirror and liking what you see ☺️💛 definitely think that showgirl class with Sinead for valentines helped me with that boost! My gymshark leggings and shorts are now falling off me too literally just from this challenge but I don't have any money to be buying new ones 😂😭

You've smashed it queen 👑x

• @Georgie Dillon aw Georgie you honestly have been such an inspiration this challenge!!!!! That strong band, eeek I just can't during Francescas workout!!! You there smashing it! Thrilled for your progress. And hell yeah on the side planks, pulses  and Titanium- smashing it girl!!! 

Wohoo for perky peach and sexy shoulders!!!! How brilliant that we can so much fun and have so much support while working towards our goals!!! 

Well done gal- so proud of you!!!! Yes I'm crying a bit again hahaha  

• @Georgie Dillon yes honey, what an amazing one job you have done!!!! Osnt it amazing how we've gone up on weights and can do advanced moves..... hard work really pays off! I have started using strong band too, boy gosh is seriously spicy!!! And i use 8kg now for francescas class..... eh who are we.... strong bloody women....thats who!!! All with the push and support of each other! Well done queen! Super results! Xxx

• @Niamh Byrne Aww thank you so much Niamh! I honestly can't stop smiling, the confidence boost is just incredible 😀 I couldn't agree more, Sineads showgirl class was FAB-U-LOUS I made my living room my stage and gave it my all shaking my hips 💃😂 Look at us needing new clothes! We'll be saving up for a new wardrobe at this rate 😂😭

Thank you for always being so supportive queen 👑x

• 1 / 3