z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

titanium for those of us with chronic migraines | MaeveMadden

titanium for those of us with chronic migraines

• does anyone have tips for how to make titanium easier for folks who live with chronic migraines? specifically, i really struggle with the quick transition from mountain climbers into the punches/jacks. that swift motion from ground to standing makes me dizzy and that can trigger my migraines. i have a similar problem with burpees.

does anyone have any tips to avoid this or have an alternative move that would build similar strength to mountain climbers/burpees but that are gentler in the transition from ground to standing?

• @Lauren Samblanet Hi Lauren this is probably better for Queen Maeve to answer because she's the expert. 
    It'll probably just have to be a totally different move. For the mountain climbers try high knees. When I first couldn't do burpees Maeve simplified it down were you kind of did a narrow squat and then reach to the ceiling on your tip toes. Which is actually hard to explain in writing lol 

• @Lauren Samblanet sorry to hear this queen, sometimes I leave out burpees if I have a headache as I also find it doesn't help! Maeve will defo have more variations for you,  drop her a message for sure xxx

• @Alex Shannon i'll give high knees a try! i remember what you're talking about with the simplifed squat and then the extension on your tip toes now, but i had forgotten that option, so i'll add that back in. thank you!

• @Lauren Samblanet Hey Lauren I suffer with bad vertigo and since i started QDQ last year i stopped burpees after first few wks - i was sick and dizzy and woozy after them so i do full body extensions now- anything with fast changeovers or up and down on floor at speed doesnt do me any good so i've learned to step back to slower movements for those and it doesnt change the effort level for me its just means i dont have to stop the workout due to dizzy spells. Defo try full body extensions or even amend the movements to slower steps etc 

• @Vicky Baker i'm so sorry about your vertigo! thank you for sharing this. i'll do the full body extensions and see if that helps.

• @Vicky Baker I don't do burpees either as they hurt lower back. Do full body extension instead & love the stretchy feeling it gives. If I'm not up for mountain climbers I do jumping Jacks, just keep moving & don't quit! X

• @Linda Flood totally Linda. I'm the same I adapt without losing momentum and try different moves to keep heart rate going but without compromising my enjoyment of the workout.