z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Getting out of a funk... | MaeveMadden

Getting out of a funk...

• Hi everyone, I've been beating myself up this week. It's Thursday now and I haven't done one of the workouts 😢 I recently started a new job which involves early starts and commuting which is leaving me feeling exhausted in the evenings when I get home. The combo of tiredness, pressure I'm putting on myself with the née job and not doing the workouts has left me feeling low and a bit annoyed with myself this week! I managed to get out for a walk yesterday and hoping that's a start. Promising myself a workout today ❤️ Any suggestions on how to get my balance back much appreciated 👑❤️ Xxx

• @Margo Keegan i hope your feeling ok today, don't be so hard on yourself love! The last thing you want to do is run yourself down. Starting a new job is a challenge alone and you'll just be getting into the routine and swing of things so really give yourself a wee break and don't be feeling guilty! I understand that's easier said than done but your winning already you've nearly finished your first week at a new job 💕

I'm only doing my first workout of the week today aswell if you fancy doing it together you can pick a time and i'll get it done with you.we can do it Margo!xx

• Hi Margo, I'm new to Queens don't Quit, and I had great plans to get going this week as I have a few days off and I haven't done anything but rest and sleep, I was feeling in a funk and beating myself up mentally, but I'm starting to think that rest is what I needed this week, I will start the exercises but when I'm mentally and physically ready, no more beating myself up. I think you should do the same, you have taken on a new job with a commute which is so exhausting with all the new info you have to take in, you are doing great to get out for a bit of air, maybe we might get in a class over the weekend and that will get the ball rolling, be kind to yourself this week and always 💗💗 and congratulations on the new job👏 

• @Margo Keegan Firstly - congrats on the new job!!! Well done! Change in routine is always gonna knock you a bit sideways, and starting a new job is exhausting as there is so much to take onboard and absorb, as well as then like you say the early starts and the commutes. Are you driving or public transport for the commutes? Just for that you could get into a habit of reading a pub, having a podcast or the like- just to make that feel as time to yourself where you are still "achieveing" something rather than viewing it as time wasted. 

In terms of the workouts - don't be stressing about not having done them (waste of time and time and energy) Sit down when you have a chance- take a look at the workouts, a real look and decide which ones do you absolutely love the best, and start with one of them. Think about what is your motivation for workouts? Maybe you need a lower energy one to start with so try Pilates or Barre Ballet, or Francesca's class- still absolute burners but low intensity.

My suggestion is take it easy and be gentle on yourself this week, take the time to think a bit about things, and then when the new timetable comes out plan your week and put a time in your calendar in the evening which workouts you are going to do. Try make your favourites non-negotiables and commit to them, even if it is only one or two any movement is better than none; even if you don't feel like it, put the leggings on, give until the first song after Shania and see how you feel!

Walks for me are key too, just for the fresh air and the headspace. 

Always here if you need a chat! 

• Ah congrats new job thats big change so wouldnt be hard on yourself everyones got busy lives outside of this. Even try get one shorter workout low intensity then build up it. Rome wasnt built a day 💞

• @Margo Keegan Congratulations on the new job!! I also have early starts and a commute to work so in the evenings it can be hard to find time and energy for a workout ! I find that being super organised makes things easier for me - like meal prep etc - so I have more time in the evenings...!

Try maybe starting off with your favourite class and designating an evening at the start of the week to do it - have it in your diary - maybe try just doing one or two workouts a week for a couple of weeks, until you are into a routine with your new job!

Really just take it easy dont beat yourself up!! We all them have weeks where we just can't pull it  together to do a workout - you will get your mojo back when your body is ready and be more motivated than ever 😍

• @Margo Keegan I was the exact same this wk queen, keep trying to remind yourself our lives are so busy and sometimes we don't need to do classes every day...... sometimes we need rest too. If you can do 1 workout today, for your enjoyment and nothing else then you are winning straight away! Aim for 1 if you have the time! We all need reminding of this every now and again as we don't want to burn ourselves out! Xx

• Thank you so much everyone for your encouraging words ❤️I'm definitely feeling a lot of Queen love and it's really given me a boost 🥰 👑@Maeve McCann doing a workout together would be great fun! I finish work at 4 today so any time after would be great (prob the earlier the better before the slump kicks in) xxx

Sending love to all of you for being so kind xxx

• @Margo Keegan don't be so hard on yourself queen 💕 your routine has changed and it might just be taking you some extra time to get used to it! Definitely don't put too much pressure on yourself to workout, we should workout because we want to not because we feel like we have to 👑 maybe you need a few days off to get used to your new routine and then you can sit down over the weekend with your diary/calendar and plan your workouts for the week? 
    My diary is a saviour for me when I'm trying to fit the workouts into my lecture schedule with college and I definitely would recommend scheduling your day/week it might make life easier ❤️ Mind yourself queen xx

• Congrats on your new job! Please dont beat yourself up. You need time to adjust to your new routine and that is perfectly okay! When you've adjusted you will find fitting your workouts in and around your new timetable will be easier! 

I do long commutes to work (1hr 45mins) start at 8.30 finish at 5 so I know how tired you can be when you get home. I am lucky enough to have a room at work which allows me to do my workouts on my lunch break if that is an option for you? I find that when I do them on my lunch hour I feel great when I dont have to do it when I get home. If its 2 workouts a day that I am wanting to do, I will try and do the longer one on the lunch break (if I have time lol) when I have more energy and the shorter one when i get home. Could that possibly be an option for you? Or maybe I'm just crazy 😂😂😂

Anyway dont feel bad for not doing any this week. Take every day as a new day with new goals. You got this! 🙌🏻

• I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and tips. I will def give them all a try ☺️ Bless you @Jean Fee doing an 1hr 45min commute! That's amazing! 
    I know I need to work on giving myself a break! Some days are def easier than others 🙈 it has been so encouraging to get everyone's support and I managed to fit in a workout today so feeling back on track ☺️ 
    Looking forward to finding my groove again now with the few days off over the weekend.

Thank you so so much to you all for your help! Lots of love 😘 

Have a brilliant Easter! 🐣 xx

• @Margo Keegan That's so great that you were able to fit one in today 🙌🏻 and never feel guilty if you cant fit it in some days! You can only do what your body allows you to do 😊

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter, I will definitely be on the chocolate egg binge 😂 xx

• Hi@Margo Keegan 

congrats on the new job! Defo echo the messages of the queens above regarding being compassionate to yourself - what would you say to another member who posted that - and try show yourself that same kindness :) 

then maybe try not to feel guilty telling yourself you "should" and tell yourself you'll treat yourself to a short workout because you will feel better after and deserve it after a hard week :) 

• @Margo Keegan hey how have you been?you've made it to Friday yeoooo! Fancy the workout tomorrow morning?xx

• Actually Just seeing its the Easter rest tomorrow so maybe not queen I'm sure you need a well earned rest anyway after work!

• Oh I'm so glad it's not just me! I started the week strong with doing a workout on Monday and Tuesday and then dipped for the rest of the week. 
    Congratulations on your new job! Sometimes other things take priority and that's ok. Weather that's putting all your energy into your new job, or giving your body some rest. 
    I'm trying not to kick myself too much for a pretty weak week too. 
    Let's start week number 2 stronger together! We can do this. My advice would be, maybe look at your schedule next week..:write it all down and filter in when the best times would be to do your workouts. And don't push yourself to do one every day. Start off with getting those 3 in. You've got this! 💪🏼 X

• Hi everyone,

I ended up doing the fireball workout yesterday too so feeling back on track 👍🏻 And slightly stiff  😂 thank you so much for your encouragement. Luckily I'm off this week so going to have a lot of me time to get back on track properly 👍🏻
    @maeve McCann I'm sure we'll get a workout in together soon 💪🏻 Excited for next weeks schedule now 😄

definitely going to focus on compassion this week too... and lots of smelly candles 🧘🏻‍♀️ 
    Happy Easter 🐣 xx