z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Bloated AF - HELP | MaeveMadden

Bloated AF - HELP

• Hi Queens, 👸

First of all how SPICY was tonight's class🌶?! I managed to do all the classes today as I needed to get moving after a weekend of rest. How is everyone feeling after Easter?

Not massively fitness related so unsure if this is okay for the forum? It has been a hot minute since I came on and I feel like there are so many new people to say Hi to! I hope you are all enjoying the summer challenge? 

My bloating is a bit out of controll, and I am trying to ammend my diet, water intake and supliments to help this. Unfortunately my reality is a touch IBS and a lot of Anxiety = an unhappy belly 90% of the time.

I am trying to get my head around how this can make me look by nightime, and I am getting there (Kind of) but my goodness it is uncomfy!! I have heard so many of you lovely ladies discuss your bloating and how you help your body and mind cope with this... any suggestions?

But what I REALLY want to know is your recomendations for bloat friendly clothing? I am talking dresses, joggers (can never find any that dont dig in), jeans, leggins, tops. I am open to any and all sugestions.

I have even considered asking to borrow my sisters old maternity clothing in order to be comfy.

Thank you in advance ladies!! 💃

• @Lissy Dickinson oh lissy, I feel ur pain!!!! IBS is an absolute pain!! I just live in pjs at home when I have bad flare up! I'd get the maternity bottoms for sure if you can,  anything loose helps!!!! 

So good to hear from you! I'm doing ok, just trying to get chocolate put of fridge now, I need to think healthy again!!! 

Woow 4 workouts in 1 day, go you queen!!! I did combat on catch up yesterday so have to save lily's for another day..... arms will thank me 2mro!! You have started so well queen, well done xx

• You poor thing, I suffer with IBS and endometriosis which is also a cause of bloating (theres a thing called endo belly where you actually look about 6 months pregnant, which is not the nicest when lots of endo sufferers also suffer with infertility (me))

Sometimes working out esp HIIT ones can make bloating worse, its like you body tries to retain all of the water cos you are woking out and drinking more.
    Have you tried buscopan and warm water? I sometimes find wearing tight clothing even triggers it, could you wear regular non fitness leggings for a class maybe and see if that could help?

I find things that are made of sustainable material tend to be more gentle on your tummy, even yoga type clothing too, its often brushed cotton and your body feels like its being comforted...
    I sound like an eco warrior here! I just know its my go to when I get a bad bloat.

• @Lissy Dickinson hi ya, today was great workout I was a busted boot at the end but in a good way ☺️🐣

I feel you with the bloat it's a mare. I find on bad days I feel like a bubble, face puffed and all bloated belly. I try to drink lots of water but find it hard on the worst days to get in, it's like there's no room.

On these days I wear smock dresses and as working from home I'm in trackies. I prefer loose clothing and over sized sweatshirts so I don't feel too noticable bigger, and leggings too.

Every morning I take ginger and lemon in hot water, and drink room temperature water instead of cold from the tap which I think helps me. I've also taken charcoal tablets from people mentioning it but didnt find it massive difference. 

Exercise also helps me, I think it kinda releases all my energy as they say your gut is where stress is, so I love a bit of bongo and stomp. I hope with trial and learn you get it a bit more comfortable xx 💕

• @Lissy Dickinson hi Lissy, 

I feel you queen. I also recently diagnosed with IBS and my doctor told me to try the low FODMAP diet for a few weeks. Also more leafy green vegetables and water. Keep an eye on fiber intake. A balance between sleep, excersise, rest and diet. Also apparently I was storing stress in my stomach so meditation and time to relax was good. I'm going to join Esters class on Sunday, always leave me feeling fabb 💕

• Also probiotic supplements 

• @Anne Hamilton Black Oh bless you, that is awful! I feel for you :(  That must be so tough!! My heart really does go out to you or any woman that is experiencing this 💗

I find the HIIT ones do that too me, or if I workout first thing I bloat like mad. I have heard to try warm water rather than cold, beause water seems to be a big trigger for me! And sweetners, and fruits, and veg, and spicy foods, and gluten, and white breads..... essentially a lot of things haha. 

I ordered some looser legins for post workout, and have found these help. Need some going out (fingers crossed Covid rules alow) bloat friendly dresses and tops for summer!

Yes comfy all the way, I end up throwing on a nightie 9 times out of 10, but I know it sounds silly but sometimes if I dress like I feel ill, it makes me feel worse?

I will try Buscopan though! Thank you. How are you finding the new challange? xx

• @Una McElroy I am so glad you enjoyed the class!! This week has flown by for me, between work and workouts!

Yes queen, I feel ya. I just feel tight on the bad days! The docs have no idea what is it, and have done no real testing other than a ceoliac screen, so they have labled it as IBS but it who really knows? I have axiety and OCD and I find that if my bloating is soooo much worse when I am anxious

oooh the oversized jumper is a great idea!! Do you have any brand reccomendations? I need to find some good trackies, I have been really disapointed with the ones I have tried recently. 

I will try the hot water, I have just been reading about the room temp water thing! Super interesting. I probably need to take more notice of my fibre intake as well, I feel like I sway from too much to too little.

Oh I am with you on the exercise thing!! I swear it is the one thing that makes me smile some days!! Bongo is a true fave, along with Abosultely everybody, on the flor and call me sadistic but I also love love love Titanium. @Maeve Madden bringing the fire! I will be interested to see what she posts about IBS awareness month, keeping my eyes peeled for some tips!

Do you find the ginger helps? I used to make ginger and apple juice, but stopped as I didnt know if it was helping, but maybe I should try it warm? xxx

• @Carmel Mulvany yes!! Comfy all the way, I find I need support on my belly when I work out and then super comfy. It is worse when I get a flare up at work! I need to find some smart attire that allows for the bloat!

I am 100% with you on this, I am really struggling with snacking, not even really unhealthy snacking but just eating all the damn time. I think my body is a bit tired and lacking energy so trying to get me to eat to fix it.... but I really do need to stop buying Mr Kiplings.....

I have loved the start of this challenge! It sounds like you are smashing it too (as always!). It really is so empowering to see so many women supporting eachother and willing them on. Brings so much joy, especially in this shitty time!!

Are you making many of the live classes?x

• @Aoileann O'Connor Oh bless you!! I am glad they have given you some advice. It sounds like you have a good Dr. Yes I deffo need t watch my fibre intake. Rest is so important, and managing stress levels! xx

• @Lissy Dickinson Hi ya :) i went through the same, Doctor after much moaning did a dairy and coeliac testing; dairy was boarderline so said it was IBS. I tried kinda of trial and error to see if something was prompting it and I found dairy did trigger a bit but more the volume i ate of it as I drank loads of milk and then loved scones and creamy stuff so now I take almond milk, and real lack of cows milk (apart from the weekly scone) and try to take gluten free a bit as found prosessed stuff flared me a bit from trial and error. Now I buy local bread from a wee bakery and that or make my own. Oh or soda bread as its not got yeast in it.

I find ginger and lemon helps and defo the water temperature at room temp and room temp foods. I follow Maria hormone coach on instragram and she has great wee tips about digestion at time - wee nuggets of info. 

Its a mare as when im busy in work I would comfort eat i wish i was one who stayed off food if busy/stressed as think I then hold the stress in my gut so im just feeding the bloat a bit in a way, and sure enough comes out when im due to go on a night out (although past year none of those lol). Im with you on a good HIIT/combat I really think it helps just shake everything out of me which in turn helps my gut. Its mad how the gut and digestion can be impacted by so much.

Zara oversized are great and comfy and holister as well i find super soft sweaters, more for chill out wear so not quite out in public as such. 

I hope the ginger and hot water helps 🤞 xx

• @Lissy Dickinson hey honey, so this wk managed only 2 lives,  I was annoyed bit it was just such a crazy wk with kids being off school! Let's hope next wk will be better!!!! 

I totally agree with you, this forum is exceptional, all women of all ages, all over the world supporting and lifting each other!!!! Its a beautiful thing!!!!! 

Let's smash another wk queen and we can both try not to buy the kiplings 😁😉😉 xx