z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Slipped disc 😭 | MaeveMadden

Slipped disc 😭

• Hi Queens , 
    Was absolutely gutted after a great 11 weeks of routine and building my strength up and feeling so strong I only went and slipped a disc in my back the last week of the last challenge 😥It's was so depressing not being able to finish the challenge, but it was I know it wasn't my fault and I have to mind myself now for a few more weeks so I can get back to full strength again 💪

I m feeling abit better and I wondering if the fabulous@Sinead Corcoran could recommend some light stretches to help ? I  started the Pilates with the last challenge and did 2 classes a week . I miss them and the other workouts so much 💔
    I be back in full swing hopefully in another few weeks . 
    Queens don't Quit 👑👸💗💗

• Hope you recover soon - take your time and you will be back in no time xxxx

• Hi@Sharon Murphy oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Unfortunately I'd be really slow to recommend anything at all to you without seeing you in person because everyone is so individual. My best advise would be to have a consultation with a physiotherapist who can assess what's going on and what might help. Other than that I'd say your best form of attack is rest and then to build it up slowly when you come back working on building up core and glute strength to support your back.

When the time comes Pilates, yoga and the new pelvic floor class will be great for this. Hoping you have a speedy recovery and that we see you back fighting fit soon ❤️❤️❤️

• @Sharon Murphy oh Sharon I'm so sorry to hear that! 😕 It sounds painful you poor thing. At least it didn't happen at the start of the challenge I suppose,that's one positive to take from it. 

I hope you recover soon and hopefully be back to it in a couple of weeks. 

Mind yourself X

• @Sharon Murphy oh sharon , hope your recovery goes well and your back soon . it is gutting especially when you think of how strong our bodies should be after all these workouts! ive been off with a bad back an it's a credit to maeve an the other girls that we miss it so much when we can't do it . you look after xx👸

• @Sharon Murphy Oh Sharon I hope you're okay Queen!? Definitely make sure you rest and take it easy for sure. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I'm sure you will be back to your full strength in no time 💪👑💗

• Thanks Queens💕I  have an appointment with an osteopath this evening so hopefully will get relief from him 🤞🤞

• @Sharon Murphy best of luck with it Sharon! 🍀💕

• Hi queens 😘Finally after about 6-7 weeks of no excercise just walking and working with an  osteopath for my slipped disc 😢I'm gonna ease myself back into it and do@Sinead Corcoran Pilates classes going to go back and do the pre/post natal ones especially from the summer challenge and back to the beginner moves . 
    im posting  here make myself accountable to start next week 😊Going to take my time and just do what I can to get stronger every week 💪🤞This community is such a motivational and supportive space 🥰
    All you Queens have been slaying it the last few weeks 💪👑💕

• @Sharon Murphy well done Sharon, I hope you managed the pilates class ok? Im sure it cant have been easy but taking things nice and slow with beginner moves is the best way to go. Wishing you all the best with your recovery and as I always say, slow and steady wins the race so mind yourself and you will get there, dont worry X

• @Sharon Murphy just wondering did u get sorted with which classes are good for stretches, like u the qdq birthday class I just couldn't finish my back just went,I tried it again this mornin taking a few of the beginner moves but as soon as it came to the twist section I'd to bow out.. I just tried some restore yoga class I'm gonna stick with just strength classes and bit of yoga for now but can u recommend which classes u took

Sarah