z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Protein powders | MaeveMadden

Protein powders

• Hey queens! I feel like such an imposter looking for advice on protein powders🙈😆 but I am very new to fitness and I've never stuck at an exercise plan this long before! I know nothing about protein, but I've a terrible diet, I eat to keep my ibs at bay and the foods I choose are those least likely to bloat me. Probably a bad idea but it's just how it has to be! However, I workout now as a form of medication for back pain, i aim for 6 days a week,  not every day gets 100% but i give all i have on that day! I'm starting to notice I'm getting little twinges in other places like my knee or ankle, shoulder sometimes,  it's not terrible, but i feel like the quality of food i eat is not matching the exercise i do...if that makes sense. I'm not nourishing my body! So i wonder about those protein powders, if maybe i should start?

I did have a look on previous posts but I'm wondering did anyone chatting there ever follow up with any of them?

I love the workouts and i dont want to stop, but I want to be smart too with my body so I dont burn out😉

• @Melissa Reilly hi Melissa I would be interested in the answer to this also, I've been a QDQ member for 2 months & wondered if protein powder would help me too. Fingers crossed some of the lovely Queens respond 👑

• @Leeanne Mcclelland so I actually messaged a local girl to me who is a PT, she recommended I started to use some as when I went through my diet it was shocking and I am definitely not eating near enough protein! She is giving me some fem fuelz powder to try as I'm really fussy🙈😆 

My hubby has been off to work at stupid oclock this week so my sleep is poor, really feeling it this week, knees sore after fireball this morning 🙈

• @Melissa Reilly  I'm following a pretty healthy diet at the moment & don't want to take protein shakes if I don't really need to. It would be good to actually find out if I needed to or not if that makes sense. 
    I had a rest day today and plan to catch up with today's classes 2mora 👍🏼 X

• Hi Queens, for what it's worth I follow the PT Karl Henry on insta and find him trustworthy. He says we need 1.2 - 1.5g of protein per kg of body weight and ideally we should get our protein from whole foods first (meat, fish, yogurt, lentils etc) but where you can't/find it tough, it's fine to add protein powder. I take the MyProtein vanilla or chocolate in a smoothie with fruit and some kind of milk/milk alternative and find that works for me and is filling as a breakfast. Hope that helps in some way. 

• @Elaine Daly thanks Elaine I think I need to perhaps work out how much protein I consume before adding it in then. Thank u queen 👑