z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Sweaty stressy skin tips? | MaeveMadden

Sweaty stressy skin tips?

• Hi Queens, I've noticed my excema and a little bit of acne flaring up badly because of all the extra sweating I'm doing in the warmer weather during my team queen workouts (i think this is why anyway!). My brothers wedding is coming up so need this cleared asap but obviously don't want to tone the workouts down so if anyone has any magical hints or tips on how to help this would be amazing please! 🥰🥰 (I shower and change straight out of gym gear after the workouts) 

• @Danielle McKay I've also noticed my skin getting worse 🙈😔 mostly around my forehead where I'd sweat a lot, I try wipe the sweat as we're doing it but nothing seems to keep them away 🙄😂 hopefully someone will have some good tips! 😊 I just try to tell myself it's a small price to pay for feeling much better but it does kind of annoy me 😂 hopefully won't be as bad in the winter! 😄

• @Louise Hegarty nice to know it's not just me 😁 i know it really is a small price to pay with the great results, they dont call it sweaty sevens for nothing i suppose! 😂 I'm more just concerned as its noticeable with my dress on for the wedding! Winter should definitely help too, the sweat will be turning to ice before we know it haha ❄ 

• @Danielle McKay I definitely have found myself breaking out more too. Try and use a towel throughout the workout and shower/cleanse as soon as possible after but would also like to know any recommendations from people on what works to prevent and treat it

• @Danielle McKay I know what you mean 😔 either way I bet you'll look fab though! 😊 I don't suffer from eczema but my boyfriend gets it pretty bad and he swears by Childs Farm Moisturiser, its the only thing that clears his up when it gets bad. You could try that maybe? 😊 it smells unreal too 🥰😊 Hopefully someone else will have a solution for the spots for us 😅 Haha im always praying for a cool day after the workouts, when it happens then we'll be wishing for summer back!🙄😂

• @Amy Johnston thanks Amy will definitely start using a towel during i think!!

• @Louise Hegarty ooh i definitely need to give that a go, thank you Louise 🥰🥰

• @Danielle McKay for eczema I try to only shower once a day(too much showering makes your skin drier) and I use aveeno for eczema-prone skin straight after the shower its the only stuff the sorts mine right out. As for spots I'm trying to workout with nothing on my face so I cleanse just before sweat like hell and cleanse again after with all the normal skincare bits, seems to be working so far but I do have a little breakout on my forehead along my hairline so maybe I haven't been cleansing there enough I dunno?

• Omg yes!! My back currently looks like a 15 year old boy's face and it is repulsing me lol. 🤢 It's definitely the sweat but I'm not sure how to fix it. I also get eczema in my eyebrows and have found the tamanu balm by tropic really good. I don't like to use steroid creams on my face. 

• @Laura C   So stubborn to get rid off too isn't it!! I actually ordered some of the tropic balm tonight as i started it recently so I'll give it a go thanks 🤗

Thanks everyone for your help 🥰

• @Danielle McKay oh yes, you are not alone! Since I have been doing workouts everyday, I also found that I have lots of tiny spots under the skin, mainly on my forehead. I think they are due to the sweat but I'm not sure how to eliminate or reduce them. I'm very interested in other queens' response! 

• I suffer with the same! Try Cerave Salycilic Cleanser and their night cream (super affordable!) - it's saved my skin and MASK-ACNE (as if we need any more reason for our skin to flare) 🙌

• Same,  I've been breaking out and have struggled to get rid of the spots since start of lockdown. Wasn't sure what was causing it but reading all of the above seems like it could be all the sweating 😅. 
    To echo@Jessica Shields-Scott I have recently started using Salycilic acid (got mine from the Ordinary which is really reasonably priced) and popping a bit directly into my spots before bed (don't smother your face, just put it on the effected areas as it dries the skin out). I also started using the Glycolic acid cleansing pads by Nip & Fab (they do two types a 5% or a 10%, I use the gentler ones). 
    I've tried so many products over the last 5 months to try and clear my skin and I have found these two are the only ones I've seen any decent results with.
    I've really stripped back my skincare routine now to just use a gentle cleanser, water based mousturiser, the glycolic acid pads as an exfoliant and salycilic acid as a spot treatment. This combo has worked a treat for me. 
    The picture on the left is what my spots looked before, picture on the right is from this morning after using the above routine for about 3 weeks  

• @Danielle McKay u must also remember that we r wearing protective masks an awful lot more so be careful how u wash them. Make sure u use products that will be kind to ur skin. 

• @Lauren Farrar omg this is an amazing before and after!! I might take a look at these for sure, thanks a lot 🥰🥰 

• @Danielle McKay if you haven't tried the ordinary range it is amazing and sooo cheap! It has helped clear my skin to much which had gotten bad from mostly wearing a mask but could help!