z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Why the bitch in the bathroom should not be trusted | MaeveMadden

Why the bitch in the bathroom should not be trusted

• Hi All,

I properly started Queening on Sept 13th this year having done some of the insta workouts through lockdown. I hopped on the VengaBus and made a contract to myself, wrote down what I wanted to change, why I wanted to change it, stood on the scales, took my measurements, the whole shabang. I tracked my food consumption weekly based on nuitrionist advice, wrote down what I felt went well and what didn't, what I wanted to improve, established a new goal and started the week fresh. Except I noticed I was jumping on the scales more frequently...and I didn't like it. Not the numbers that were being shown, just the mentality that I needed to get validation from this innate object. So on Oct 12th I decided I wouldn't track my food, I wouldn't jump up on the scales and that I would live my life for 2 weeks as an experiment to see what would happen. The only constant was the workouts. I made sure to do at least 3 but I tried to do every workout, even if it was over 3 days just because I fricking love and enjoy them! 

Of course wouldn't you know they'd be incredibly stressful days in work, early and late calls, sleep pattern all over the shop, no routine with eating and doing workouts at very random times (think the latest was finishing about 9.30pm - no wonder I wasn't sleeping properly).

Today, 13 days later I decided right - lets see the damage. And like that, the few lbs that I had lost were back and I was back at the start weight. I was angry at myself. I worked hard and my hard work wasn't being reflected. It didn't really make sense as I'm feeling more toned, I'm definitely stronger, I'm more confident, I've noticed some of my clothes are more comfortable. Thought right, let's do the measurements because if it's gone this badly this quickly, let's properly see the damage. 

I've lost 6.75 inches in 6 weeks...AND I'm bloated doing the measurements too. I am fricking delighted!!! I've realised the last few years I have always equated success in health and fitness to what that bitch told me. Which is ridiculous! I've gotten the results I've wanted before by focusing on wanting to be fitter and healthier...not skinnier. Back then I never weighed myself, only went by how my clothes felt and how many burpies I could do in a minute (which back then really was a lot...oh the memories).

So the bitch has been silenced! I might weigh myself sporadically but honestly, the fact that a dress which wouldn't go down over my thighs now does (granted it's VERY tight :D ) was a winning moment for me today! 

Happy Tuesday Ladies!!! 

• @Caitriona Lyons well done 👑👑👑🥰🥰

• @Caitriona Lyons well done u. And yes no "bitches" allowed in our castle 🤗🤗🤗🤗👑👑👑👑👑

• @Caitriona Lyons well done ! Must have been such a feeling when you put on that dress.  I'm just started the workouts this week and this post is exactly what I needed to read. Really is making me consider taking photos and doing measurements because I know from the past with slimming world etc how disheartened I got because of that bitch in the bathroom. 

Love the title, and am now going to refer to my own scales as that bitch in the bathroom 😂😂

• @Caitriona Lyons awh queen that's absolutely amazing and huge congrats to you for all the hard work you put in, really you were so strong with ur food diary and classes!!!! Personally I dont weight myself really at all. I just hate that deflated feeling and I think we are working out so much, we are gaining weight in muscle....and as you showed the inches DONT LIE!!!!!!  "Bitches" ain't a queen friend so let's put them away and continue on that queen journey!!! Lets kick ass this wk 👑👑👑👑🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• @Annie Dowling take the measurements and the photos. Find the clothing item that's not the most comfortable to wear and go with those. I regret not taking proper progress pics at the beginning (I took pics hiding my stomach and at the most flattering angle). I've retaken them with belly out and tight clothes. As well as marking exactly where I was standing 🤣. 

You'll love being here. These Queen's kept me sane on instagram. I would watch the workouts convinced I couldn't do them, then I joined in, actually managed to do my first burpy in about 3 years a few weeks ago and yeah, we are one little community. Go at your own pace and listen to your own body. I started with 1-2 HIIT workouts a week doing the beginner movements. Now I do most workouts during the week, doubling up some days with a mix of beginner moves (I have so many back issues it's hilarious), intermediate and advanced. Know the difference between the burn and the bad pain and you'll have a lot of fun!

• @Carmel Mulvany and what an absolutely crap feeling it is too. Especially when there's a washing machine full of gym gear because of all the spicy workouts! I think today I appreciated what people have always said - 1lb of fat is the same weight as 1lb of muscle...but muscle is denser and takes up less space. I was today years old when I finally realised that that's what the inch / cm loss meant.

• @Audrey Browne hell yeah! 

• @Brenda Mckay thank you! 

• @Caitriona Lyons you said it honey....... so true!!!!!!! Xxxx

• @Annie Dowling I agree with Caitriona take ur measurements, take ur pics. U don't have to share them if u don't want to. They r there for u to see & show how ur journey is progressing. AND U WILL progress Queen. 👑. I lost a stone in weight after I started back in March with Maeve through exercise & healthy eating. I had ups & downs along the way. But I didn't even realise I had lost weight as it was lock down & I was wearing workout gear the whole time but finally when we were allowed to do a bit more I cldnt believe that my summer clothes were swimming on me. That "bitch" had said one thing but my clothes said another. AND SHE is now banished from our house. So from there on I took measurements & pics just for me. There's no greater feeling Annie. Enjoy your journey Queen 👑👑👑 ❤️ ❤️ #queensdontquit 

• @Caitriona Lyons just wanted to say your experience sounded so similar to my own the first couple weeks. I weighed myself every day nearly because I was so excited to see the changes and got SO frustrated when the number didn't change. I've realized that I'm much happier measuring my progress not in pounds but in things I can now do that I couldn't before, like burpees (SO many now!!) and moving up in my hand weights from 2lbs to 6 to 10lbs, and the increased flexibility. Plus, my friend reminded me that our body holds weight in so many different ways - we're replacing some of the fat on our bodies with muscle which natrually weighs more so our weight will either stay the same or even go up a bit. That just means we're getting stronger! Measuring my progress that way is so much better and my family/friends have all noticed how much my mental health has improved along with my physical health. So so happy for and proud of you queen for ditching that bitch in the bathroom and living life on your own terms!!👑💙

• Love everything about this @Caitriona Lyons!! Wat to go Queen 💗