z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Monday-itis and lack of progress | MaeveMadden

Monday-itis and lack of progress

• @Niamh Byrne That's it though isn't it Niamh- like there is absolutely no doubt that we are progressing in terms of strength, fitness and stamina. Silly brain trying to convince us that it is not enough when really it is! So so true on QDQ- it is a community, a support network, such craic, and a bit of exercise thrown in too hahah! The workouts never fail to make me smile (you were right- I loved Glutes and Gains!) and that is everything. Thrilled to hear you are feeling confident and happier in yourself, and yes I more often than not am too! Yesterday I was full of the joys of life, delighted with myself for putting make-up on and curling my hair to watch the rugby with my parents in the sitting room; cooked Sunday dinner for them and even made a slow cooker chocolate fudge cake for us and my sisters and kids! And the main thing is I'm glad I reached out today, as I'm ending the day with a big smile, a gratefullness and gratitude for the group, and a renewed appreciation for myself again.

You are doing amazing Niamh- I know it has to be beyond difficult to be apart from your boyfriend, to be living at home, trying to focus on studying while there's a bloody stupid pandemic going on. You are so lovely, honest and open in your posts. We will get through this and we will be happy and confident so matter what! 

• @Sharon Scully you sound like you are absolutely smashing it so well done! Try not to get disheartened, I think it's a really human thing we all do at times. I know I definitely feel like this from time to time where I just can't see the physical changes and then there are days where I notice my legs are getting stronger and more defined and gaining muscle 💪 We are our own worst critics but just think when you feel crappy or unmotivated... Would you say what you say to yourself to a friend or loved one? Of course you wouldn't so why say it to yourself. Keep going queen, you're killing it 👑👑

• @Sharon Scully hi Sharon, it sounds like you have a great approach overall. I completely understand where you were at yesterday, I’m the same too! It’s so true that QDQ has given us so much in terms of    increased physical strength, confidence and positive perspective towards exercise. Try not to let the flat days be the focus, you are truly smashing it with 9 workouts a week and all that fresh air, nature and connecting with your friends and family. They’re the things that will bring you joy and contentment at the end of the day. I’d say as well that when you look in detail at those things @Maeve Madden suggested, you’ll find something you can tweak if you need to.

I have those days too to be honest - I haven’t seen much visible progress but like everyone else I’m truly enjoying the workouts, I’ve upped the weights, doing advanced moves most of the time (although I trip over myself doing the side mountain climber thing!) and although there’s a niggling voice in my head noticing the lack of physical change, I’m reminding myself of all the benefits and progress I’ve made since I started last June and even since Xmas.

Keep going Sharon, you’re doing great 👑💪

• @Sharon Scully I'm gluten free about 10 years now (thank you coeliac Disease...sigh) so used to off the wall modifications. But I find them really fudgy and tasty. My family really enjoy them and none of them are gluten free, they find them really nice and fudgy. Happy to pop the recipe in. They take 3mins to prep (maybe a bit longer depending on the blender) and 15mins to bake. 

As for the pushup - you're laughing, I nearly collapsed in shock 🤣! And because I didn't quite believe I had just done it, I paid attention and did it again. It's not perfect but it's progress 🤣🤣🤣

And tonight is the last night of the muffins...made a batch 2 weeks ago that were in the freezer. But I'll enjoy every bite 😁

• 2 / 2