z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Team Queen Hair | MaeveMadden

Team Queen Hair

• Hello Queens! My hair has grown so long and thick over lock down and I've been super struggling on keeping it out of the way in the workouts. I always have a high-pony, but it keeps flopping forward and getting stuck to my face during froggers etc, because it's so long! Anyone have any tips on styles I could try to keep it out the way? 😁

• @Katie Maxwell oh my god I'm having the same problem! Sticking to the face then with the sweat then 🤦🏿‍♂️😂😂 would be keen to see suggestions not mad on buns as don't want to do to much damage to the ends ! Maybe a plait would work?! 

• @Katie Maxwell I tend to put mine in a ponytail and then into a plait I find it helps a lot but sometimes it swings around and whacks me in the face 😂😂 I find french plaits were quite good for keeping my hair out of my face but found my hair got very sweaty in them! I feel like when my hair is in a bun I end up trying to fix it all through the workout and it just gets annoying! I usually go with a ponytail with a few bobbins and then plait my hair in the ponytail and it tends to stay but be careful it might whack you on the face 😂

• @Niamh Byrne@Leonie Mcnulty  ooo deffo gonna try the plaited pony tale! Could give me some super Lara Croft vibes in combat queens 😂 I have been considering a french plait but my hair has grown so much, it'd be a mission 

• @Katie Maxwell @niamhbyrne oh my God yes! Be very careful of the swinging plait 😂😂😂 could take a bloody eye out!! 😂😂 Maybe a low plait 😂😂😂

• @Katie Maxwell I always struggle with the hair stuck to the face or the Plait hitting me hard in the face haha. I have found that doing a high pony and then twisting it sort of like a ballet bun has worked i use a lot of hair pins to keep it in place though. Hope that helps! 

• I tie mine up in a tight bun. It's so long now and I can't stand to feel it bouncing or flopping around 😂

• @Katie Maxwell I was only thinking about this a lot in the last week, after getting a proper whip of the ponytail across the face twice!!! I haven't got a haircut in just over a year (eeek) with everything, so mine has gotten so long, and when it's not hitting me in the face it is flying into my eyes.

I find a bun is an extra weight/strain on my neck. A high plait like @Niamh Byrne says is a weighty hit to the face (versus the vicious slap of the pony-tail!) Oh the low plait could be a good idea, thanks @Leonie Mcnulty will try that! 

• @Katie Maxwell I do two braids. And if you spray the dry shampoo in your hair before the workout (before oyu plait it) then it activates the dry shampoo better and you get way longer out of your hair!!

It's my go to workout hair!! 

• @Sharon McNamara ooo deffo gonna try the dry shampoo tip! Thanks!

• @Leonie Mcnulty hahaha the things we queens go through, health and safety hazard 😂

• @Charlotte Godfrey @Helen Madden  definitely going to try the bun! I'll have to whip out my bun pins from childhood ballet lessons!😂

• @Katie Maxwell afraid I have absolutely no tips but this made me laugh so much as I feel your pain!! Hair stuck to the sweaty face, in the mouth, in the eyes, nightmare!! 

• @Katie Maxwell I have short hair queen so not much help xx

• @Katie Maxwell  I struggled with this last year when i first started QDQ workouts, my hair never stayed up! After lots of trial and error I find a ballet bun is the only thing that holds, works a charm! :)

• Same as@Sharon McNamara I find that braids is the best for me, my hair is also quite thick so any ponytail is just too heavy or I have to have it so tight I get a headache 😂🙈