z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Help 🙏🏻 | MaeveMadden

Help 🙏🏻

• Hi Everyone, 

I'm loving the workouts and hoping someone on here can help me out! I injured myself last week, not sure how! But under my arm next to my chest (think it's called the serratus anterior muscle?) is very sore. I took a few days off but it's still quite sore. I can't hold my body weight on it and any impact hurts(not ideal!!) I've been using deep heat but I wonder can anyone give me some advice on what will help so I can get back to doing the classes as soon as possible 🙏🏻 So frustrating 😢 

• @Niamh Hey lovely, you poor thing, I hope you feel better soon 💕

To be honest the best thing you can do is rest it and if it doesn't feel better soon you might need to see a physio (just to be safe!)

When I started the classes I hurt my shoulder (old injury!) once I rested it I started back with doing the perky peach/ glutes and gains classes so I was still doing a workout that didn't involve my upper half but if I'm honest queen you should just listen to your body and rest and maybe go for little walks until you feel like yourself. 

Look after yourself 💕💕

• @Niamh oh no 😰 I totally agree with cliondhna rest and physio, anti inflamatories as needed! Hope you feel better soon 💕

• @Niamh Aw no queen you poor thing! Yep definitely echoing what the girls have said, lots of rest and maybe see a physio about it if it doesn't settle with complete rest! I know it's hard resting completely but it's so important to let it heal properly before you start using it again! I hope you're okay queen 💕 mind yourself x

• @Niamh Oh no queen, any injury can be a complete nuisance but as the queens have said the only thing that will help is rest and lots of it!!! you will hopefully be back in full swing asap!!! wishing you a speedy recovery! x

• @Niamh aw no, sorry to hear the pain is not going away. I would also use Voltarol gel (or something similar) for a few days and if it doesn't go away, then definitely have it checked by a doctor or physio. Hope you feel better soon! X

• Ohh Niamh! It's so frustrating isn't it? Rest will be the best medicine! Maybe do a few of Ester's meditation classes to relax you? Hopefully it'll keep your frustration at bay until you're 100%? Hope you're feeling better soon! xx

• @NiamhHeya Queen, seriously u nd to see a doctor about this as we really r not qulified to advise u. This needs to be seen to properly by a professional so that it is fixed once & for all, so it doesn't effect u later on down the line. I know it's frustrating but it's better to be safe than sorry. I hope u feel better soon Niamh. 👑👑👑❤️❤️❤️

• @Niamh aw you poor thing, I'd definitely see a doctor/ physio at least and ask while you're there about the classes, personally I'd say a physio would be better unless you feel you could have done any bone damage. 
    listen to your body, even too firm atheletes take the time to rest, if you do any lower body work outs make sure you don't do any of the burpee/moutiain climber/ and probably the core workouts, you will get a lot without those bits! 
    mind yourself xx

• Thanks everyone 🙏🏻 I hate resting so it's so frustrating 😂 fingers crossed it will improve otherwise I'll definitely be off to a doctor or physio in the next day or two so I can be back at it asap 🙈 

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend ☺️ xx

• @Niamh sorry to hear this Niamh! Hope you're okay! Like the girls said prob best to take it easy for a while even though it's annoying! Hope you're back in action soon xx