z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Advice please 🤔🙂 | MaeveMadden

Advice please 🤔🙂

• Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone had a great day at the festival today. Hoping to maybe be able to make time to make the next one.

im feeling fairly thick tonight. I went for a run this morning and on my way back into my driveway I turned my ankle on the edge of the flowerbed and threw my weight to the other side to save my ankle and fell really hard on my leftside. I was very lucky, it could have been so much worse. My knee was cut up and wrist was sore but was feeling thankful i didn't break something. Anyway, I took a difene and some paracetamol and I was grand. I did toned with Tracey this afternoon and ten minute abs afterwards. Tablets are now wearing off and I'm getting very sore. My right ankle that turned is very tender and my left and side is stiffening up. 

Anyway, my question is, what are the low impact workouts I can do so I can keep up the momentun without causing further damage. I'm only starting my journey, I so really really want to keep it up, I've my weekly schedule written up and everything!!! I'm so annoyed with my clumsy bloody self. Sorry for rant, thanks in advance ladies x 

• @Clairecluck1 I think@Maeve Madden is the best to advise on this but personally I would give it a while to completely recover. I know injuries are frustrating and you just want to keep going but it sounds like you've had a nasty fall so if I were you I'd give myself a few days off at least! Mind yourself queen. Sometimes with me I'll fall and my whole body will tighten during the fall to try and protect myself but then ends up pulling a muscle or something that I didn't even fall on. If I were you queen I'd definitely take complete rest for a few days at least until you're feeling better then bring it back in with the low impact stuff! You don't want to jump back in too soon and cause yourself more pain! Mind yourself queen xx

• @Clairecluck1 aww nothing as bad, I'm in similar situation to you. Hope you feel better soon! I was in the middle of a workout a week and a half ago and went down badly on my ankle. Take a few days of complete rest and hopefully then you'll be straight back on the Venga bus. I eased back in with Sweaty 7's (all upper body), Barre ballet and active arms and abs. Hope that helps ❤

• @Niamh Byrne thanks a mil for coming back! I know it's the sensible thing to do but so enjoying everything and terrified of dropping momentum!! My mam was warning me this evening! 🙈I

@AnnMarie Ryan that's great to know, thanks a million. I wasn't sure what barre ballet involved so I'll keep those workouts in mind. Praying the oul difene works a miracle over night.  I'm so disgusted because the running and the work outs really set me up for my work day and juggling the kids etc. I'm definitely doing it to get in shape but the headspace and therapy that goes with it is something else x

• @Clairecluck1 I did Barre ballet on Saturday thinking it would be an easier, low impact class. Very tough, low impact but brilliant burn. I totally get you, was fuming with myself afterwards too. Take it easy though as the pain killer will only mask the pain and you could do it more damage. Exactly, those endorphins and head space you get from the clasdes are something else especially in these times. Best of luck with it x

• @Clairecluck1 oh no queen, firstly I hope ur ok, it could happen to any of us!!! I'm hoping you just sprained ankle and if so you might need to rest it for a day or 2. If pain persists, please get it checked with doc!!

If you have to rest it, you cud just to beginner moves of 2mros classes and focus on ab section but see how it is 2mro. Defo don't put strain if its still sore! Xxxx

• Thanks everyone for your help.  I'm actually a lot better this morning.  Just going to take the morning off and hopefully do the live this evening.  I was also lashing the arnica tablets into me and I think they may have helped- fingers crossed!

• Aw Claire hope you're okay!! I strained my foot last week and treid to fight it before realising that doing that was only going to prolong it and make things even worse. Definitely take the rest your body needs and try not to be too disheartened. 

I moved down to the beginner level when there was any jumping/ running etc. Also, as the other ladies said, the sweaty 7s, spicy circuits, active arms and abs and beginner class are all great options until you feel ready to come back for the HIIT

• @Clairecluck1 good woman, glad you have improved a bit xxx

• Rest! Otherwise it will be even longer that you are out the game. You could do some of the floor ab workouts that don't involve your putting presure on your feet or some of the weighted arms whilst sat down. Hope your feeling better today X