z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

KNEE PAIN - HELP | MaeveMadden

KNEE PAIN - HELP

• Hi Girls,

I started with the workouts this year, this is my second challenge - And im loving this new challenge :) However i have knee pain whenever i do moves such as side lunges, they hurt so much. I found the 2nd round of the fireball workout this morning really difficult! Does anyone have the same issue?

Any tips or help with this would be great? 

Jade x

• Hi Jade! Maeve had a really good blog on knee pain posted on this website. I followed some of her tips and also got a better floor mat and superreps runners for the workouts. Takes way less of the impact off your knees. My right knee does flare up every so often and I take it back to low impact workouts and plenty of rest for at least a week xx

• I'd agree with Amber on the changing of runners if there isn't a lot of cushion in your current ones. And also a mat. But if it continues, I would get checked over by a physio (chronic knee injuries here 🤣). Double check your form for the likes of lunges too - you may be leaning slightly to the left or right of the knee rather than a straight on focus, which could be adding to discomfort :) 

• @Amber McElroy fab just had a look! Yes think i need to treat myself to the super reps xxx

• @Amber McElroy  where can I find that blog post about knee pain?

• @Mari Sarajishvili if you go to the top left tab where you would normally click on to access the forum, just below that it says blog. It's the first post called 5 tips for knee pain x

• @Amber McElroy Awww thank you very much😊😻🙏🏻 Why i am so obviously blind i have  no idea🤷‍♀️ Found it✅

• I was just about to post about ankle pain, but I have super reps so its not that, I think I'll have to take a trip to the doctors as resting over the long weekend doesnt seem to have helped.

• @Anne Hamilton Black You know baths with seasalt plus magnesium are helping me a lot, it's just an addition to any doctor's treatment, or I'm trying to really warm up my knees before workout and I am feeling the difference. What kind of pain do you usually feel? 

• @Mari Sarajishvili Ive sence been to the physio and he said Ive shin splints but its the muscle just over my ankle to the side of the shin so not typical runners shin splints more the kind of ones sports players get. Its a SHarp hot pain.
    I dont really take baths because I get UTI's from even thinking about a bath - Im not sure if magnesium in the water could trigger one.