z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Late evening munchies ! | MaeveMadden

Late evening munchies !

• Hello lovely ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am happy with my eating throughout the day, however when it comes to around 8pm, I always seem to get a case of the munchies! I would be so grateful if anyone had tips to combat this, or healthy snack ideas for when the late evening munchies hit? 

Thank you so so much <3

• Hi Alisha,

I'm the very same and I have a wicked sweet tooth. I started buying the Lindt dark chocolate with honeycomb and I find that really hits the spot in the evening. It's not too bitter but not sweet enough that you won't eat the whole bar! 

I hope this is of some help! :) 

• Hi Alisha,

Oh its so hard isnt it, i try a bit of dark chocolate or some nuts, I dont like eating anything while frinking herbal tea so have a cup of that, or brush your teeth earlier before bedtime then that will put you off eating (sometimes works 🤣) or do something like a facemask, pedicure/manicure to keep u busy.

• Hi Alisha,

I am really bad with munching in the evening, I'll have a decent dinner and still look for something sweet even though I know I'm not hungry, such a bad habit 🙈 but I also find I drink far less in the evening than during the day so during the week I'll try and drink a big glass of water to help fight the urge to munch and save the munch for the weekend! Calories don't count on the weekend, right?! 😂 but yeah, I'm finding drinking more is helping with munching! 

• Its very hard. I love my cuppa tea in the evening and I just have to have something to go with it.

I buy the Moser Roth individual choc bars in Aldi there are 5 in a pack- they have diff types and they average about 149/152 calories but I find them nice and a bit more luxurious than some of the 100 cal choc biscuits you can get so I always have some of those in the cupboard. I save it into my food diary every day as well and then I know I have the calories allocated for my treat. Frozen grapes are a good one. Even some of the flavoured sparkling waters might give you the taste of sweet you need (but check the cals/sugar content as some are much higher than others).

• Hi @Alisha McMahon 

Have you tried maybe moving your dinner to be slightly later? Do to the madness we live in i don't sit down to dinner until 7.30/8.00 so although i get those sweet cravings later i know it's too late to have anything!

Or i'll have a square of dark chocolate, i find dark chocolate doesnt make me want more like with milk chocolate. Or i'll have a low calorie hot chocolate. 

You should listen to your body though, there's a reason you're craving something - did you listen to the chat on food with Maeve the other week? Might be worth a listen :)

• I'm a little devil for it too! Sometimes I have a cup of tea to see am I thirsty but usually I just want to sit there shoving food in to my gob. I try not to snack for the most part but I know after I ovulate I crave fats like crazy so try and eat more of that at dinner and that keeps the intensity of wanting nibbles away. And other times I just have the snack!! 

• I have dinner at 7:30 and then if I’m still peckish I’ll have a piece of fruit, a yoghurt or both! Or just a handful of cereal/nuts. 

• Thank you all for all these suggestions! I really appreciate it- and surely one of them will work! I'm pretty sure it's more of a habit/emotional eating than a true craving so that's probably something to watch too (easier said than done, of course!). But these are great! I'll update ye on my progress with what I found to work for me!

Thank you so much again and happy Friday <3