z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

SOS:: Self Tanning Help!! | MaeveMadden

SOS:: Self Tanning Help!!

• Hello Ladies, 

I have decided to bite the bullet and attempt to self-tan as I am pasty white. I was going to go with the brand our lovely Queen Maeve posted about today on insta. 

I have never tanned before; any does and don'ts about tanning???

• ooh @Katelyn Connolly  I'm interested to see the answers here as I have never self tanned and I am contemplating giving it a go too! 

• @Katelyn Connolly I find as long as I shave and exfoliate the day before I tan, I get a good result no matter the tan I use. I do get somewhat dry skin too so I use aveeno everyday. Deffo recommend those 3 steps before applying your tan! The bare by vogue is my fave at the moment. Still haven't figured out how to remove it well though, might just be my skin type though

• @Amber McElroy Thank you so much for this! Do you use a mit to apply it or just your bare hands??

• @Katelyn Connolly omg a mitt a mitt not with bare hands.

Yas defo shave the day before and give yourself a good srub.  

Apply the tan with a mit to your dry body. 

Wait until it feels dry before getting dressed

Be careful when putting the tan on your hands, feet, elbows and knees.  I always mess this up and ive been tanning forever, I find it best to use a big fluffy brush if you have one or just the gently wipe over the hands and feet at the end with what ever is left on the mitt.

Leave the tan on for a good few hours before washing it off, I never find those one hour express tans actually work , its best to leave it on all day or over night but wear pyjamas as you could wreck your bed sheets.

yay happy tanning

• @Maeve Madden thank you so much for the tips!!! I'm a bit nervous to try it out but I am also to pale for my liking😂😂

• @Maeve Madden love the tips!! I'm ok at tanning my arms but everything else is a disaster. What tan would you recommend? 

• Moisturise hands, feet, knees and elbows lightly before applying tan! 

• Hey there , 

I'm a beauty therapist here in Ireland. I would get a good exfolliant and use from head to toe the day before concentrating on knees elbows feet. 

The next morning apply moisturiser on any dry areas like elbows ,knees,ankles. 

Then apply your tan with a clean mitt , you can use a makeup brush for hands & feet. 

Tanning mist are best for face and don't really block the pores. 

Best if luck!!! Xx 

• @Katelyn Connolly now is the time to try it, at least if its a disaster you wont (hopefully) have to go anywhere or meet anyone so you can hide at home lol 🤣 Ive been tanning on and off for years too like Maeve said and I still mess up my hands and feet so dont be too hard on yourself if they dont come out great looking. The worst thing for me about tan is the smell of it. No matter what tan I use it always stinks after a few hours on. The joys of being a pastey woman eh?! In saying that I always feel great having a bit of tan on, you just instantly feel better in yourself with a glow. Wishing you the best of luck 🤞 you'll have to do a before and after btw!😊

• @Kate Monaghan I find they are all much muchness tbh..  I quite like Dripping gold dark mousse and I use their mitt, they have agreat mitt tbh.  I dont do face tan cause my skin is a bit sensitive and acne prone so I worry about that.    Bella miata I bought the other day and it was really nice in Dark, didnt blend too well around my feet but I think thats my own fault  the liquid gold tan,a fab colour.  I got the St tropez about a month ago and the colour was gorgeous but sure I took a shower then and it all washed off literally did not stick to my skin was fuming that was the ashley graham mousse.  The lusso tan is nice another irish brand, I felt it was a bit dry on my legs but didnt smell and was a lovely colour.  They all have their ups and downs I think tbh , I used to be a big fan of cocoa brown, my mum loves it ummmmm and thats about all I have tried I think lol but I always have a dripping gold in the house 

• @Maeve Madden thanks so much you're the best 🥰 I'm the same as @Katelyn Connolly and a fake tan novice so I need all the tips and tricks I can get. My face is the same so I'll avoid that and stick to my body 

• Queens thank you so much for the tips! Loving the tan and someone in work commented on it saying it looks great. I don't think all the hand sanitizer helps the bad fake tan on my hands but I'll get there. 

• @Kate Monaghan woop woop! Brilliant, what tan did you go with in the end?

• @Ashley Jordan I went for Bellamienta mousse in Dark, the chemist I went to didn't have dripping gold. I have to say it was so easy to use and it's a lovely colour 

• @Kate Monaghan Oh thats great. I used that a few years ago, absolutely loved the colour but I used to do an absolute shocking job on my hands so had to stop using it. Maybe Ill try again,its one of the best 😊

• Hey I'm super pale and i use St Tropez watermelon and it always comes out sooo nice! Smells good too! And i just use the residue left on the mitt and wipe over hands and feet at tthe end :D Xxx

• ^ Mousse one not gradual btw :) xx

• Hey girls ! Love this chat as I am a tan addict 😍 I also love the Dripping Gold tan but personally I find the lotion alot easier to apply and I think it goes on really even. For first time users, definitely try a few because everyone's skin is different!

For the face tan - I have alwayyys been trying to find a good one and I got the Tan organic face drops at Christmas and they're just brilliant! You need to use them for about 2/3 days before you see a difference

And for tan removing I have also recently discovered the Tan Organic removal mitt and it works like magic! Couldn't get over how good it is at getting rid of stubborn tan ❤️

• @Kate Healy Hi Kate, do you use the tan organic mit on dry skin to remove the tan, I tried it in the shower and it didn't anything for me??? 

• 1 / 2