z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Return to Work/Workout tips? | MaeveMadden

Return to Work/Workout tips?

• Hey Queens, 

I have had an accidental three week break because of a terrible sunburn, holidays, and a return to office - essentially life getting in the way! 

I really stuggled last week to fit the workouts in around the workday - after my commute home I'm just in no mood to do anything but lie down, and while I was remote I would most often workout around lunchtime but thats not an option now. I have absolutely loved being part of team queen the past few months so I really want to make it work - it's looking like mornings are the only option but was such a struggle last week and felt like I was watching the clock the whole work out! 

Any tips/tricks for making morning workouts more doable motivation/timewise? 

Any pro-tips welcome :)

Sarah

• @Sarah Martin aw I feel your pain, although my block in motivation after my 3 week break is just my mind🥴 I didnt want to start again, but I did this morning, had such a great day after it, mentally!

I always do my workouts in the morning, kids are still in bed and by the time they are up I'm ready for the day. I would normally do all the 7am lives but with the 6.45 ones in the mix now, they are just too early for me, I know it's only 15 mins bit still! So on those mornings I will do a library workout, that way it can start when I'm ready! Would this be an option for you? At least if you start at the time that suits you, you wont be clock watching! I know they are not the same as the lives but if it means you can continue it would be worth it!!

• @Melissa Reilly@Sarah Martin it's tricky isn't it. I do all classes from the library purely because kids/work doesn't allow for a morning class, plus if im honest im not a morning person lol 😂 I get a class in after work while dinner is cooking of before I start cooking depending on what we have. I really hope u find a routine that suits u xx

• @Sarah Martin Oh I totally know what you mean Queen! Trying to fit the classes in with being back at work again full time is a nightmare! What I tend to do is try to plan out my week and see what I have on and where I could fit a class in either before or after work, live or from the library. I think the main thing is not to put too much pressure on yourself if you miss a class or can't get one done in the day, that's okay 😊

I have found it has taken me a few weeks to be able to get back into a routine of travelling to and from work again and getting used to what once normal all those months ago. I think once you're back into a routine and your body and body clock has adjusted again you will find it much easier to get back into things. Just give it a little bit of time and you'll be grand! xx

That's what has worked for me and it has been great! I hope that helps Queen! 💕👑

• Thanks Queens! 
    @Melissa Reilly i probably have always used the libraries more than the lives ot be honest, just because with random meetings etc at work it was easier to just be in charge of my own schedule - to be honest its the motivation and energy levels that are the biggest challenge! 

@Leeanne Mcclelland I don't know that I'm a morning person either tbh 😂 but after the commute home I just am in no form to change into workout bits and jump around, so I'll have to make the mornings work for me!😂😅 

@Georgie Dillon I think that's it really, I do need to be a bit more patient with the adjustment period - right now, even if I get myself up and going on a class I still feel like I dont push myself in the way that I would if it were later in the day and I'm more awake! But you're right I think that will ocme with time and perseverence! 

Thanks so much for the advice Queens, I shan't give up - I'll be a morning person yet! 🤣

• Hey! If I'm planning an early workout before work I try and be super organised, even down to the gym gear sitting out and lunch or whatever sorted and work clothes ready for after the shower. 
    i also hate doin it in the evening after work. But I find if I do power through and do it as soon as im home I feel good! then can get dinner and have the rest of the evenin with the  wanes x 

• @Sarah Martin I got a new motivator yesterday....I bought a pair of Jeans! They are my size and they close BUT I'm putting a fair bit of pressure on the stitching😂 so I hung them in my room and this morning when I knocked off my alarm and intended to skip my workout....as I sat up on my phone till late last night and was wrecked this morning 🥴..... I looked over at the jeans and thought I want to wear them at Christmas and feel amazing! I did the workout, sure I was awake anyway from talking to myself about whether or not to do it, so I did it!

Dont know if the motivation from within will always work....but I sure as hell dont want my mother in law asking me this Christmas if I've 'news' to share😳🤦‍♀️so I need into these new clothes!!!!