z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

MOTIVATION | MaeveMadden

MOTIVATION

• Hi Queens!💕 Looking for some tips on you all keep motivated? I'm really struggling to find the motivation and energy to complete the workouts after work. Throughout the day I'm looking forward to getting home and doing a workout but as soon as I step foot in the door a wave of tiredness comes over me and I'll be completely honest, I really just couldn't be arsed🙈 It's so frustrating because I absolutely love the Team Queen workouts! They're what kept me going the whole way through lockdown and I've now gone from completing 5 workouts a week to just about doing two🙄🙄 please help ladies!😩 

• Hey, I was worried about this when I started back at work. I have taken Maeves advice and been drinking foodsprings pre-work out energy aminos and they are great. I have the passionfruit flavour and it's so yummy. It says to take the 30 mins before your workout and it really gives you a kick up the bum to power through. I take it before I leave work and gives me no excuse to do the workout by time I get home. I also find buying some new equiptment, shoes or clothes helpful too as I get excited to try them out (although can't be done every time motivation slips haha). Hope that helps in some way x

• Hey! Me too and it's so tough not being able to do the lives but I seen a thing on ig, I'm not sure if @Maeve Madden put it up but it was basically that you change your mindset about the workout being a chore per say and think about it as treating your body to exercise which has definitely helped me! Also I know this isn't a good one in the long term but if I have new workout gear or runners I always get excited to try them out (obviously not sustainable lol but good for a wee treat every now and again!) and as she does say - you NEVER regret a workout! - Frances xxx

• @Ciara Murphy Hey Ciara, I'm afraid of getting this same problem in a few weeks as I'll be going on hospitalnpkacement and will be gone from home from 6am to 7pm everyday do not sure how I'm going to work it yet. 
    what I find to be the hardest part sometimes is actually getting your fitness gear on. I find once I actually have my runners on ready to go I really want to actually do the workout if that makes sense but if I'm tired I won't want to actually put on the gear. Maybe if you put on your workout gear in work before you leave or just as you get home it might give you a bit of motivation. 
    Just try take it day by day and I'm sure you'll get back into a routine soon Queen x

• It really is tough! I would suggest that you do not sit down when you get home from work, not even for a minute. Go straight to your room, turn on the workout and get into your workout clothes while Maeve says hi etc. By then you will be ready to go, in better humour and 1 hour away from sitting on the couch and having your dinner. Dinner tastes so much better after the workout and then you are done! Take some fast acting carbs or pre workout on your way home from work to help.

• I find it really hard as i'm on my feet all day but I have started listening to some fitness podcasts and I find they help get me in the right frame of mind. At the minute i'm listening to Brian Keane fitness and he usually has really interesting guests from all aspects of fitness including team queen.@Maeve Madden 

• @Ciara Murphy, what time do you start work? I think I will be feeling the same when I have to go back into the office, I have been working from home since the beginning of March so able to fit it in at lunch at the moment.  I think when I do go back I would consider doing it before work. 
    I am in agreement with the other comments though, just get changed straight away, don't sit down and it's always enjoyable once you get started! 

• I agree with everyone above saying don't sit down when you get home from work .. have a wee snack on the way home, get changed as soon as you get in and just do it. And as Maeve says, do it for 10-15 mins and if you really can't be @rsed after that then stop.. my Hub comes in from work and sits and plays PlayStation before he does his run.. how many times does he actually go on the run? .. about 2 out of 5 times 😂 

• @Ciara Murphy hey Queen we've all bn there. But I bet ur mad with urself for not doing ur workout. Of crse I dont blame u either working hard all day the last thing u want 2 do is workout. All u want to do is have u're dinner, put up ur feet & relax. Have u thought of doing it before work. I know I know that wld mean getting up earlier but u cld do 30 mins of workout & leave the abs out. At least ur still burning calories, getting ur steps in & also ull b buzzing for the day. Whether r which I know u'll find ur mojo again Queen 👑. 

• @Ciara Murphy Hi Ciara, I am currently working from home and find I struggle with lack of motivation too. To keep me motivated I have a buddy. At 5.30 each day (after work), me and my friend will whatsapp call each other on our phones and put the class on a laptop so we can motivate eachother through, might be worth a go :) Keep up the good work xx

• Omg I totally am the same! I can do it at the start of the week but from Wednesday onwards I'm so tired after work that I can't face it, especially if I know it's a hard day like booty. I did the 20 min HIIT workout before work today and I think I might try to do more of those a bit more often because I couldn't face getting up at 5.30am to do a full workout. How dare work interfere with our Team Queen routine lol

• Thanks so much for yer tip Queens I will 100% take them all on board! Think I'm gonna order myself some of those Pre-Workout Energy Aminos, order some new gear and hop back on the venga bus💪🏼! Think my downfall is the minute I get home I'm sitting down practically straight away rather than getting in and getting stuck in straight away! So definitely gonna take yer advice, not just go in the door and relax and maybe change in work so when I get in the door I've no excuses👌🏼 Might try and see if I can rope my boyfriend in for a workout of two during the week so I have someone to spur me on! I really appreciate the feedback ladies, thank you all so much💕

• @Mia Traynor thanks for the tip on the energy aminos! Do you happen to have a link for them by any chance?☺️

• @Sarah Williams 4:15 on a Monday and 7:30 Tuesday- Friday which doesn't sound that bad but getting up is a killer! By the time I get home in the evenings it knocks me! Gonna take @Laura C advice and try do the 20 minute HIIT before work one of the days rather than the full live workout after work! Will let you know how I get on☺️ 

• @Ciara Murphy https://www.foodspring.de/en/energy-aminos there's the link! X

• @Mia Traynor You're a star! thank you x

• @Maria Howard oh I do love Brian hes amazing.  I find his podcasts super motivating too

• @Ciara Murphy https://www.foodspring.co.uk/energy-aminos

I have both apple and lemon

And Maevefsg gets 15% off woop

• @Ciara Murphy this weeks Blog post will be dedicated to Motivation.  I feel now we are getting back into work routines etc that this has been difficult for alot of people.  Remember we workout to move our body, do NOT STRESS if you miss a workout ok.  Focus on getting your routine back, getting to bed on time, waking up, its all about building a schedule.  Your body clock will be adjusting to the new routine, it may take a week or 2 weeks but we will still be here.  The more you stress the more pressure you will feel and then less you will enjoy it.  Try and aim for 2 workouts and build it up ok 

• @Maeve Madden think I'm a bit all over the place at the minute, seriously need to find structure with everything going on! On top of that, I'm a nightmare when it comes to stress and I tend to put myself under savage pressure which is really unnecessary. Absolute receipe for disaster! Looking forward to reading the blog post!