z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Help with sore muscles | MaeveMadden

Help with sore muscles

• Hey Queens,

Just wanted to say that my legs were really feeling it after Monday, Tuesday and today's classes but I have just done Sinead's active recovery yoga class and can confirm it reaaaaaally helps to open up those muscles and relax! 😍 just thought I'd share if anyone was in the same place as me!

• Wowe YES, completely agree, was about to post about this as well! I felt so sore today, yesterday I was OK after Monday's class, so when I started the class I was like - Oh no, what am I doing?! But it really helped, love it ❤️

• Hiya Queens, ouch I'm still aching from Monday too!! I find my body will adjust over the next coming days and weeks so don't worry it won't be forever.

I also find that bath salts (ones with magnesium) really help (can use in shower as a little body scrub if no bath), magnesium supplements which help aid sleep, muscles and restless legs, I love yin yoga too - it's much more chill and stretch related, and just generally try and make sure you warm up and warm down, use foam roller if you have one too.

And if all else fails know that we all literally feel your pain too 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 me this morning getting out of bed = 😖😖😖😖 

xxxx

• Yep I did Monday's legs class yesterday and can barely move today, worried that I'll miss out on workouts because of the DOMS so those tips are so helpful, thanks!

• @Laura C power through queen.  Moving and getting the blood flowing will help in recovery.  its when we sit around that the muscles sieze up.  Just go easy on the movement and you will be grands in no time.. OH and I currently can barley walk lol 

• @Bella Armfield omg I need to do her class.  I was in a meeting and only caught the end of it. My legs are in agony not gonna lie.. Im going to write a blog post tomorrow about it.

• @Katie Rynne omg yes Katie Magnesium is amazing which one do you use.. Tomorrow im having rest day so gonna do some stretching and a quick walk outside to get the blood flowing.. 

• Had a hot epsom salt bath too afterwards, can confirm I am now ready for bed lol

• Hi girls,

Thanks for all the tips. I missed the Barre Ballet live earlier and was considering giving it a miss because of my sore legs but I'm going to give it a go after seeing all your recommendations for it.

Have been doing lots of walking to try and loosen out too.

Thanks for sharing!

Also, was in Boots earlier and saw an Epsom salts in gel form (?). Has anyone used anything like that before?

• @Bella Armfield think I will try it. I did Mondays and Tuesdays class and I couldn't walk when doing my food shopping I had people looking at me trying to walk 😂🙈. I really wanted to do this-morning class but couldn't I will do it tomorrow then I will snieads class after it. Hope your legs feel better? 

• @Arline Maconaghie haha I love the new moves you have to do when you've got leg DOMS... like I cant sit down normally so I have to kinda climb on to the sofa on my hands and knees and then turn myself round?! 😂😂

• @Arline Maconaghie They definitely do ! I've been trying to drink more water too, I'm so bad at remembering to drink any 😬 @Cara Cremen I haven't tried them but I am intrigued !

• @Laura C this give me a giggle I'm glad I'm not the only one. Every step I go up all you hear is oh 😂

• @Maeve Madden isn't walking outside just sooo therapeutic too, I love it! I actually secretly love it when it's cold and fresh!! No rain though!!

I use the 'together' magnesium - cheap as chips so probs not very good 🤣. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your extremely well deserved rest day 😘xx

• @Cara Cremen oh gel salts, I'm intrigued. Not used them myself though. Hope you enjoyed the barre Queen 👸😘

• @Laura C Hahha amazing...going to the loo and holding on to anything to slowly lower theeself whilst breathing through gritted teeth is my newest level of low 🤣🤣🤣

• I'm using this massage pillow on my legs, especially at the back. Feel much better after doing it, although still sore from Monday's workout!!

• @Katie Rynne that's going to be me tomorrow- so relatable 😂👑👑👑

• I've just joined and really been feeling the DOMs, thanks for sharing Bella 👑

• @Bella Armfield TOTALLY agree! I caught up with some workouts over Christmas & New Year as I had to have some time off in December and not my whole body was aching!!! I did Sinead's active recovery a couple times, and also had some lovely long hot salt baths and felt better in a day or so. Highly recommended! ♥️

• 1 / 2