z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

A slow start to the summer challenge | MaeveMadden

A slow start to the summer challenge

• Hey everyone! 
    Hope your all enjoying the Easter bank holiday weekend! 

My start to the summer challenge was not how I planned it to go. I wanted to hit it with as much energy and focus as I did the spring one.

In the spring challenge I felt so motivated from the start to the end. I did at least 5 workouts almost every week, sometimes two a day. And I felt so energetic and focussed. 
    Yet with the summer challenge, it's the first week and I just haven't got the energy to throw myself into yet. I've done two workouts this week so far, and I know I need to do a third for the challenge. Which I plan on doing tomorrow morning.
    Without the challenge in place to work towards achieving, I probably wouldn't bother doing that third one. I'd make another excuse this week of feeling too tired, overworked, it's Easter, it's the bank holiday...amongst other excuses. 
    But knowing it's a 'challenge', I will push myself to do that third. And I know when I do it I will feel so much better for it. 

I need to pull myself out of this rut and start fresh with week number 2. It's so unlike me to relax and not do my workouts, maybe my body needed a slow start? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Has any one else felt the same? 

• Hi Rebecca,

I think everyone goes through this slump, for me its usually wk 3/4  in the month where motivation is low. Listen to your body I usually do the 10 minutes hitts that week and sometimes I will do a 20 minute hitt, this gives me the appetite to move on the following week. This week I found linking the schedule to my calendar helped me to stay focused. Maybe just get out for a a few walks fresh air helps the head and the body and have a little plan ready for next week.

Happy Easter and enjoy the treats

• You can't be 100% all the time - the fact you know you need to do the 3rd one and are going to do it is great. Do the 3rd one today and then enjoy rest of weekend and make your plan for next week. 

Don't forget the workouts have been changed up slightly as well, new moves, new songs so don't feel bad about not going straight in with 5 a week. Plenty of time to build up to it if you want to.

• I can totally relate. Sometimes it's a real struggle and for me it can depend on a lot of things. Sometimes I'm so busy at work and literally can't fit in any time through the day and then my husband is home at 5pm and in my way, or it's too late and it's dinner time etc.. or sometimes the workouts from the previous day have been really hard and I'm aching so much the next day!  ... so what I do is plan how many workouts I want to do that week then make a plan in my notes on my phone. As I do them I tick them off and I find that really gives me motivation to keep going! ... if I feel like my legs are too sore to do Perky Peach, I'll change it to an upper body instead, or if I'm really not feeling like jumping around I'll change to a yoga or Pilates class instead... once I start I usually am fine and land up feeling great afterwards. If after 10 minutes I'm still struggling I just give in and take it as a rest day and listen to my body.... we work so hard, it's ok to take a break now and again ♥️♥️♥️

• @Rebecca Evans I feel you with this entirely! I was super ill for the spring challenge so wasn't able to participate. I had wanted to start this one super strong...I have just finished my third workout and like you if it hadn't been for the challenge I totally would have made an excuse. I am just telling myself that it is an off week and the motivation will come...I hope...😅 

• @Rebecca Evans oh honey I totally understand that! I was feeling like that last wk and then beating myself up when I didn't complete as much as normal!!!! Just remember it's ok to have 1 of those days or wks! Next wk you can try and and see have energy levels picked up a bit! I think our body just wants us to slow down sometimes and I'm the first to admit I don't rest enough!! 

Enjoy ur wkend queen and relax!!! Next wk is a new one!!! Xxx

• @Rebecca Evans I found this post and all of the reply's so helpful! I felt the exact same way Rebecca. For the first time in a year, I had lost my motivation. I started the challenge with loads of excitement and ambitions, but something changed on Thursday and I just couldn't find the motivation to keep going. Then with the easter break I decided to take a rest and get back into it after Easter, hopefully all the motivation will be back then.

I realised I'm such a creature of habit and I think the new workouts and new trainers took me by surprise and I feel a little bit lost among all the new changes. However, I want to take on that mental challenge now and I'm so glad I read this thread. 

Does anyone know if there is a workout today (Monday)? I find doing the lives really helpful for feeling part of the team, which I think is what I've lost with the new schedule.