z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

This queen paused.... | MaeveMadden

This queen paused....

• Hey queens! 

Pretty sure I'm rocking up on a month without doing a workout, I'm so afraid I've fallen off the wagon🙈 my last workout was the morning of my new job interview in December, it was with Sarah and it made me feel so calm! I got the job and then xmas came, I hadnt a minute with everything so no workouts. Then after xmas i started my new job and two days in i got covid🙈 today was my first day back at work! I'd love a workout but I'm wrecked, covid shattered me. My hubby got me the qdq mat for xmas and I haven't even stood on it yet....dont want to push myself too soon but feel like I'm moving away from qdq. How do ye manage doing everything?! I cant get up any earlier, I finish between 12 and 2 every day so I thought then but sure by the time I eat, tidy up, do the school run and homework it's now time to prep for dinner! I just need a pause button for an hour!!!

• Hia Melissa, 

First off huge congrats on the new job that's so exciting for you 🙌 So sorry to hear you got covid, but glad to hear your on the mend! 👍

Please dont be so hard on yourself, it's gonna take you a wee while to get back into things after been sick so just take each day as it comes and slowly ease yourself back into a routine 🙂

There are now some 20 minute classes available so maybe you could start off with one of those and gently work yourself back into exercising 😊 Always listen to your body and you do what works for you 🥰 You will be back at it in no time on your fab new mat 🥰 

• Agreed, take your time if you've been sick. If you feel inspired, try one of the 15 or 20 minute classes. Your body will tell you when it's ready - no sense in pushing yourself before you're ready!! xoxo, sending you lots of love and healing!

• @Melissa Reilly hi Melissa, hope you're feeling a bit better and stronger every day. Covid will have knocked the energy right out of you so take your time to recover. 

You'll find your feet when you're settled into new job and the opportunity to do a workout will come up. I did nothing over Christmas and I've only just got back into workouts this week. I'm pleasantly surprised that my body is still quite strong and you will be too when you do your first workout. Try a 20 min workout sometime on your fab new mat! They're fab to workout on. Don't pressure yourself about the challenge, just exercise for enjoyment and feeling better after Covid. Take care 💕

• @Melissa Reilly congratulations on the new job queen! And glad to hear you are on the mend! As some of the girls have said don't be too hard on yourself, try one of the 20 minute classes if you're feeling like you can. I'd also recommend maybe the yoga or Pilates, just allow yourself some ' you' time. If you have time maybe join one of the lives, even if you can only do a bit of it, if you can get on the chat ( it's not working for some of us) catch up with a few queens, reconnect.... you'll be back in no time xxx

• Thank you all ladies for the kindness, you are the best! I'll not lie, I've still done nothing!! I was out of work for 18 months while getting to grips with a newly diagnosed autoimmune disease, so the new job has been both a mental and physical change, but I do like it and I'm really trying to focus on the positive bits of every day. So my qdq mindset is still there! I've given myself this week to clean my house from top to bottom and then it will hopefully just be maintenance, as I feel like I'm using it as an excuse to avoid the workouts🙈 my new day will take a bit of getting used to but food prep and being organised in general will help. I think I might try some yoga with kate this week just to see what it's like, I've never done it before! Even just logging on today makes me want to get back in action!

• Just home from work, all set to do a workout and I've just noticed I've no library anymore🙈 is it something that's been a problem in general or just me?!

• @Melissa Reilly hi Melissa, you should have got an email just after Christmas with a link to the new app. If you didn't, look up live.maevemadden.com and everything should be there for you. 

Check old emails first though. Good luck and enjoy your workout x

• @Melissa Reilly Just catching up on the messages, you have had a lot to contend with this last while. My other half has psoriatic arthritis which affects his immune system also so I know it can be very difficult at times with energy levels and just general well-being. Take things at your own pace, set mini goals - even if it's just to tidy up around the house or do a short class or even get out for a walk and some fresh air. It's all the little things you can achieve that will help you in the longer term.  Hopefully this week will be a good one for you, good luck xxx 

• @Linda Flood thank you! Guess I was away longer than I thought🙈

• @Eva Dougan thank you! I actually found doing a workout every day helped with my back and as a result I could reduce pain meds, but no matter how I try since I went back to work I just cant get it all done. I know there is short classes but I feel like I need to do housework or food prep before we start homework and once 6pm hits I'm not fit for anything!! 

It's just hard to get back in the swing of it, hopefully I manage to keep ever going, I miss my workouts

• @Melissa Reilly hopefully you can find a way to fit in a class or two. It has to work for your schedule or you'll not be able to stick at it. Even if it's just 1 class - it's still progress! Good luck and I hope this week was easier on ya x